Main Menu

New video with Wade Ogle and his 1970 hemi Challenger convertible

Started by 72hemi, January 15, 2021, 03:12:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

72hemi

My latest video with Wade Ogle has posted! This video we discuss the incredible history of his factory sublime green 1970 hemi Challenger convertible! 1 of only 12 built and the arguably the highest option 1970 hemi Challenger convertible. It truly is a remarkable car and the story behind it is quite incredible. Check it out! Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel Life at Speed to make sure you don't miss out on future videos I post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o-Z7MM0o6o
Life's too short to drive boring cars

RzeroB

Cool!  8)  I think I saw that guy once cruising down the 101 ... in the slow lane.  :haha: 

Heck of a ride for sure!  :twothumbsup:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

72hemi

Quote from: RzeroB on January 15, 2021, 03:18:43 PM
Cool!  8)  I think I saw that guy once cruising down the 101 ... in the slow lane.  :haha: 

Heck of a ride for sure!  :twothumbsup:

Probably did! As for the slow lane; that's the down side of having a factory 4.10 dana car, it just really pulls those rpms on the freeway lol.

cudamadd

Fantastic video cannot wait to see the rest of these cheers  :australia:

e_body70

Great video John!! We are lucky to be able to go to Wade's house and see these cars in person; and it's great that now everyone can get a view inside Wade's garage and now hear his stories about them!!

I'll never forget that iconic day in 2019 when I coordinated one of my Bay Area Classic Mopar Cruises; and Wade joined with his '71 Hemi Cuda convertible and his '70 Hemi Challenger convertible. I had my '70 Challenger there. At the end of the cruise, Wade threw me the keys to his '70 Hemi Challenger convertible and said "what do you say we swap cars and drive to my house"! That was an AMAZING gesture and experience that I will truly never forget; THANK YOU @Cudino

Keep the videos coming John and Wade!!  :perfect10:

cudamadd

Cudino

Quote from: e_body70 on January 15, 2021, 09:35:42 PM
Great video John!! We are lucky to be able to go to Wade's house and see these cars in person; and it's great that now everyone can get a view inside Wade's garage and now hear his stories about them!!

I'll never forget that iconic day in 2019 when I coordinated one of my Bay Area Classic Mopar Cruises; and Wade joined with his '71 Hemi Cuda convertible and his '70 Hemi Challenger convertible. I had my '70 Challenger there. At the end of the cruise, Wade threw me the keys to his '70 Hemi Challenger convertible and said "what do you say we swap cars and drive to my house"! That was an AMAZING gesture and experience that I will truly never forget; THANK YOU @Cudino

Lookin' good there Alex @e_body70!  That was a really fun day.  For all the work you did, and do, in organizing all your cruises that was the least I could do in return!  Plus, I had a great time driving your awesome Challenger, so it really was a win-win.

And thanks John for suggesting to do these videos, and for all the effort and skill you put forth in producing them.  I think they turned out just great, and I'm happy to see they are being received so well.  Kudos John!

- Wade

davy442

Great Car !!   Great Video  !!  Great Story  !!

I had a similar story from 1988.  I was a grad student, and my dad was in sales, driving about 40-50K miles/yr.  We worked out a deal, that I would order the car that I wanted, he would buy it, and then after putting a lot of highway miles on it, I would buy it from him at a reduced price.  So, I ordered a 1988 black Firebird Formula, red interior, with all the performance (engine/chassis) options, T-Tops, radio, etc.  The guys at the small pontiac dealership were in awe !   Come on, it was just a firebird !! Anyways, I drove it home with my youngest brother.  Well, about a year later, my dad let my other younger brother ( the cop ), take it out.  He hit a stone pillar at the end of a driveway at about 50 mph ( just one of the multiple accidents he was in ).  Completely totaled the car, the one passenger needed emergency surgery.  Luckily no one died.  The only thing left is the black vinyl case for the T-Top glass panels, which that same brother still has.  Yep.  Occasionally, i will do a search for a similar equipped firebird, just lookin.   

72hemi

Thanks Alex! I'm still bummed I missed that cruise. You do great work for the Mopar community putting those together.  :cheers:

72hemi

Quote from: davy442 on January 16, 2021, 08:36:25 AM
Great Car !!   Great Video  !!  Great Story  !!

I had a similar story from 1988.  I was a grad student, and my dad was in sales, driving about 40-50K miles/yr.  We worked out a deal, that I would order the car that I wanted, he would buy it, and then after putting a lot of highway miles on it, I would buy it from him at a reduced price.  So, I ordered a 1988 black Firebird Formula, red interior, with all the performance (engine/chassis) options, T-Tops, radio, etc.  The guys at the small pontiac dealership were in awe !   Come on, it was just a firebird !! Anyways, I drove it home with my youngest brother.  Well, about a year later, my dad let my other younger brother ( the cop ), take it out.  He hit a stone pillar at the end of a driveway at about 50 mph ( just one of the multiple accidents he was in ).  Completely totaled the car, the one passenger needed emergency surgery.  Luckily no one died.  The only thing left is the black vinyl case for the T-Top glass panels, which that same brother still has.  Yep.  Occasionally, i will do a search for a similar equipped firebird, just lookin.

Great story, very unfortunate what happened though. Glad no one was killed.

72hemi

Quote from: Cudino on January 16, 2021, 01:34:52 AM

Lookin' good there Alex @e_body70!  That was a really fun day.  For all the work you did, and do, in organizing all your cruises that was the least I could do in return!  Plus, I had a great time driving your awesome Challenger, so it really was a win-win.

And thanks John for suggesting to do these videos, and for all the effort and skill you put forth in producing them.  I think they turned out just great, and I'm happy to see they are being received so well.  Kudos John!

- Wade

Thanks Wade! I'm so happy with how the videos are turning out and how well received they are being by the community. It makes it all the work worth it. And thanks again for agreeing to do this project with me.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

750-h2

Nice job to both of you!  I really enjoyed the first two videos and now anxiously awaiting the third. Love the story on that Canadian Challenger!

72hemi

Quote from: 750-h2 on January 16, 2021, 10:37:24 AM
Nice job to both of you!  I really enjoyed the first two videos and now anxiously awaiting the third. Love the story on that Canadian Challenger!

Thanks! The next one should be out next Friday.

davy442

So, noticed that it appeared that the challenger was equipped initially with the standard hood, and then later upgraded with the shaker. So, does anybody know why Chrysler equipped the hemi'cuda with a shaker hood as standard equipment, but not the challenger?  Was it just the respective marketing departments?