Main Menu

Odd "signature" on original AAR Door

Started by Iowa Six Barrel, November 25, 2017, 10:45:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Iowa Six Barrel

I've heard of "Rock" signing parts on cars. But restoring my AAR and when I removed drivers door panel I found this "signature" - almost looks like it was signed by a finger tip. Any thoughts???

AAR#2

Captain Obvious worked the AAR assembly line and signed it "New" !?

6bblgt

1 Wild R/T

Theres yellow paint on parts that weren't attached when the factory painted the door so it's been repainted... "Rock" was short for "Rock n Roll" so "New" is short for "New Wave"???? :rofl:

Iowa Six Barrel

I feel pretty confident the door was not repainted. Obviously if you look in the window and look down, I see "new" but as you look at it with door open I see "mon". I was just curious if this has been seen or documented before.

1 Wild R/T

The lock lever was installed after paint....

anlauto

I agree with Mr. Wild.....the door has had paint work ... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

Does the door have A VIN sticker on it, that would at the lest be an indicator if the door has been changed.

Iowa Six Barrel

Here is a pic from the day I picked it up back around 09. Driver door still has original Mylar door sticker.

Iowa Six Barrel

Car is pretty original. No signs of a repaint ever. Original strobe stripe. Ive spoken with other mopar guys locally ... One specializes in Challenger TAs. He's certain its original paint. Granted it's all opinions. But he feels the mon or new is from the factory. He suggested I try and find out if anyone else had ever seen it or try and document another car with it. So that led to me posting.

1 Wild R/T

May have happened at the factory or early in it's life but that lever was installed after paint so something happened..... No biggie, it's a seriously cool piece & it had a life before you owned it.... Kinda like this.... :haha:

A.Gramz

A lot of my inlaws worked/work for  a gm plant close by.  Some spent time working in the body shop on the line in the 70's and 80's.  Lots of stories of paintless dent repairs and if it was bad "white lightning" repair and repaint. So I wouldn't be surprised if I was repainted in the factory.  Once u start sanding the car the paint layers should be obvious and tell a story