Main Menu

Poor Lost 'Cuda

Started by johnr, November 03, 2017, 03:08:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

johnr

It was a salvage mission to find it a new home. There have been ups & downs as in all adventures. Today has been lesser than good news on the adventure. I see where some of you, out there, have referred to impressive numbers collections. I could sure use some useful input on the V.I.N. # on this car: BS23N1B260084. Actually, just about any info would be wonderful at this point.

--  johnr --
--  johnr  --

anlauto

Not much to tell, 1 of 1739 383Cudas made at the Hamtramck assembly plant for the 1971 model year.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Can you post some pictures or details of the original colours/options ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

@6bblgt  and @cudaized  are the two people I would start with.   :popcorn:

johnr

The car had been sitting on the bay for awhile. It was a 383 car and not an original 4 spd. I have a really nice original shaker hood, trim ring, scoop and base for a single carb. The car was originally blue.

-- johnr --
--  johnr  --

6bblgt

first I've heard of it - any fender tag or other pics?

johnr

The fender tag is gone and I do not have the dash pad (I only have the steel dash frame). I have this shell and a whole bunch of parts.
--  johnr  --

6bblgt

383 SHAKER cars are few & far between!  :banana:

anlauto

With the mods done to the car it's hard to say the hole is original ?

6bblgt

it looks like it's a 'cuda built just before or after the Christmas/New Year's break 

Is there a door sticker still on the car?  Does it show "12-70" or "1-71"?

cuda hunter

Did those come with the car?  Were them supposed to be original to the car?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on November 03, 2017, 03:12:07 PM
Not much to tell, 1 of 1739 383Cudas made at the Hamtramck assembly plant for the 1971 model year.

How many of those 1739 were shakers? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

johnr

The door sticker is a bit rough, but still there and shows 12 - 70. All of the parts are supposed to be original to the car except for the 4 spd.
--  johnr  --

anlauto

I didn't realize you got the shaker parts WITH the car, I was thinking it was something you already had.....

If the paint on the hood matches the car then Dan's assumption of the hole in the firewall makes much more plausible sense :alan2cents:

And you just hit the motherload... :banana:

johnr

Should I end up parting out this car, I am going to need some guidance on values of this stuff on today's market. I have the majority of the car, just not all of the pieces. It all seems to be original stuff. I am still being optimistic that I will acquire the missing tags & title. I am coming to the conclusion that the shaker hood with the scoop, trim ring, 4 brl carb mount and air cleaner is worth quite a bit all by itself.

-- johnr --
--  johnr  --