Main Menu

light harness clip behind battery?

Started by Mr Lee, February 24, 2020, 05:17:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mr Lee

Does anyone have a photo of which clip goes in the single hole behind the battery?  I have the other two clips (the black strap-like ones that have two pegs each).  There is a single hole in between them I'm referring to.  See pic. 
I think it may be a long horizontal clip but I don't have a good pic. 
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Wayne

I don't have a picture right now but I just installed a replacement harness from MH and that "clip" was in the light harness.  Its wasn't a separate clip.  I hope that helps. 
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

anlauto

Yes the clip is taped into the harness. You should be able to find it on your old harness. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Lee

ohh ok, I think I remember that now.... vaguely.  Not sure why mine is gone.  Maybe I removed it cause it was broken or something.  But I think I know what you're talking about.  Thanks. 

R/T's 4 R/P

Sorry, like others, I  don't have a picture handy.
It is white. It is placed in line with the harness and is taped to the harness on each end (with friction tape).  The center has a bullet-type end with 2 sides that flare out once installed.

It is the same as holds the harness further back on the same inner fender, closer to the shock tower.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

71vert340

Here's what's in the harness of my 71 Challenger. I had to take 2 separate photos to show the complete clip. The first one shows a clip in a spare original engine harness I have and the second shows the same clip your asking about in my original 71 harness. Note the little pin wings are broken off on the 1st photo but I un-taped the clip halfway so you can see the shape of the top of the clip. The 2nd shows the little wings intact on the clip pin. I hope this helps.
Terry

71vert340

I looked at a third wire harness that I've used for plug parts and found the clip intact on it. Here's what the full clip looks like.
Terry

Mr Lee

Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on February 24, 2020, 09:38:24 AM
It is white. It is placed in line with the harness and is taped to the harness on each end (with friction tape).  The center has a bullet-type end with 2 sides that flare out once installed.

It is the same as holds the harness further back on the same inner fender, closer to the shock tower.

Wait, there's supposed to be another one besides this one?
Thanks for the photos everyone. 

anlauto

Quote from: Mr Lee on February 25, 2020, 08:48:13 AM
Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on February 24, 2020, 09:38:24 AM

Wait, there's supposed to be another one besides this one?
Thanks for the photos everyone.
Not on an E Body, maybe B or A Bodies. :alan2cents:

R/T's 4 R/P

when i took my original car apart, there was one of those clips at the location where the white strap is normally added, just in front of the brake booster.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT