Main Menu

Random Hemi E-Body of the Week

Started by RzeroB, August 02, 2017, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

@Cuda Cody   can you provide us with any updates (pics! pics!) to your HemiCuda project??

Looks like the paint was finished a while back ... it has to be rolling by now ... maybe even driving??

Can you give us more than a sneak peak of Enzo's future ride??
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

Was hoping that our "founding father" @Cuda Cody would have given us an update on his HemiCuda project.

He must be busy ... being a business man, husband, dad and stocking up on supplies like water and toilet paper to ride out the covid-19 crisis.

So this investigative journalist had to do some sleuthing on his own to find out how the HemiCuda project, aka Enzo's future high school car, was coming along ...

This is BS23R0B159482, 1 of about 652 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 368 with an automatic. It is finished in EV2 Tor-Red with a V1X black vinyl top and a H6X9 black vinyl interior. Interesting that this car does NOT have the Hockey Stick Stripes on it. It's not coded for them ... but that has never stopped anyone from putting them on a car that isn't coded for them. It seems that practically every HemiCuda you see today has the iconic Hockey Stick stripes on them whether they came with them or not. Nice to see one "in the buff" without them.

Certainly looks like this picture could have been taken at the Mopar Taj-Mahal up in Brush Prairie Washington. Has that wide open spacious storage packed full of cars indicative of the "Taj" ... but it does seem to be missing the drum set surrounded by the Vipers??

The paint appears to be pretty thick on this Fender Tag, but all of the codes are still clearly visible and readable. We can see that this car is equipped with the A32 Super Performance 4:10 geared Dana Axle Pkg, A62 Rallye Gauges Pkg, B51 Power Disc Brakes, C16 Center Console and the booming R11 Music Master 2W AM Radio among other things.

Nicely detailed under-hood. Everything with the engine compartment looks clean and fresh.

No explantion or comment necessary!!

And underneath that man-hole sized Shaker lies the twin Carter AFB's. I like this pic ... gives nice detail of the carbs and the progressive linkage.

Well as it turns out, this "investigative journalist" never made it to Brush Prairie Washington thanks to the covid-19 virus cancelling my flight. So I had to do the next best thing ... use the internet to find an EV2 '70 HemiCuda like Cody's. This particular car was actually in Detroit, the "Motor City" from which it originally came from. It was found on the GR Auto Gallery of Detroit's website. Even though the car has been sold, they still have it up on their website. If you would like to see more of this car, bang it here to their website while you still can https://www.grautogallery.com/vehicles/2534/1970-Plymouth-Hemi-Cuda

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

three two barrels

Nice bit of detective work there Tom.

RzeroB

BS27R0B146731 is 1 of only 18 1970 HemiCuda convertibles ever made. 1 of 14 made for the U.S. market and of those, 1 of only 5 with a 4-speed. It is finished in TX9 Black Velvet with an unusual combination of a H6B5 blue interior with a a V3X black convertible top. It is 1 of 5 TX9 Black Velvet HemiCuda convertibles made in 1970.

From the fender tag we can also see the H6B5 coding for the unusual (with a black exterior) blue interior, the A01 Light Group Package, A34 Super Track Pack 4:10 geared Dana Axle Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, C16 Center Console, P37 Power Convertible Top, and R22 AM / 8-Track Radio among other things. The black with the blue interior is different ... just imagine how striking this car would look if the original purchaser chose a red interior instead of the blue??

Missing it's driveline, covered in dirt, and looking like a total "beater", this HemiCuda convertible had obviously seen better days. Owned by mega-collector Dave Blake, this picture was taken at Dave's facility in Arizona. I don't know if this picture is of how the car looked when it was acquired, or if it is of how it looked after being stored awaiting it's turn at being put back together? Fortunately the car has been put back together as an original paint "survivor" and looks much better than it does here!

This picture is interesting in that it shows this car with a V3W white convertible top while it is coded for a V3X black convertible top on the fender tag. Owned by mega-collector Dave Blake, this car was 1 of 27 on display as part of the Hemi E-Body convertible invitational at the 2015 MCACN show in Chicago.

Cheers!
Tom

anlauto

I thought Cody sold his share in that Hemicuda a long time ago ? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

JS23R0B204244 is 1 of about 307 1970 Hemi Challenger RT's ever made. 1 of only 287 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 150 with an automatic. It is finished in FE5 Bright-Red with V6X black side stripes, V21 hood blackout treatment (both added) and a H6XW white vinyl interior.

This is a GREAT picture of the car in front of the now defunct Chrysler Historical Museum (Why?  :crying:). Inside of the car is who I assume to be the owner (or former owner?) ... a smiling Annie Soo-Mott!

The fender tag for this Hemi Challenger RT reveals a number of different things about this car - what it originally came equipped with - and what has been changed on it since new.

From the tag we can see that it is equipped with the A04 Basic Group Pkg (LH sport mirror, power steering and AM radio), A32 Super Performance 4:10 geared Dana Axle Pkg, B51 Power Disc Brakes and a C16 Center Console among other things.

As far as what's been changed, pictures of the car show that it is Bright-Red, top and bottom, has V6X black side stripes and the V21 hood blackout treatment. However the tag reveals that the car originally had a V1W white vinyl top and a V9W white Bumble Bee Stripe in lieu of the black side stripes and hood treatment.

Annie Soo-Mott is all smiles and seems to be very friendly and gregarious. Here is a nice picture of Annie with My Classic Car TV host Dennis Gage (Dennis sure knows how to rock a 'stache!).

Annie is all smiles again but joining her is a somewhat sullen looking Richard Rawlings of Gas Monkey Garage. C'mon Rich ... wouldn't kill you to smile for the picture!

So, do you know Annie Soo-Mott?
Cheers!
Tom

71REDCUDA

And JS23R0B204245.. In Sweden.

JS29

Consecutive numbers and both HEMI's   :cool:

three two barrels

RzeroB

Thanks for posting ... is 204245 yours Nicklas?

Now that you posted the pics ... you HAVE to give us some details.

You wouldn't leave us hanging would you?

And while you're at it ... what's up with that car above the Challenger?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
Tom

RzeroB

Unless Nicklas changes his mind, it doesn't look like any further enlightenment on 204245 will be forthcoming ... but at least we have a couple of pics!!
Cheers!
Tom

RUNCHARGER

RZero: My old Hemi Cuda is on Ebay right now in case you missed it. You probably don't have record of it.
Sheldon

RzeroB

BS23R0B187947 is 1 of about 652 made for the U.S. market, and of those 1 of 368 with an automatic. It is finished in EF8 Ivy-Green with V6X black "Hockey Stick" stripes and a PRT5 tan leather interior.

This green and tan beauty is loaded with options that include: the A21 Elastomeric Front Bumper Package, A36 3:55 geared 8.75 Performance Axle Package, B51 Power Disc Brakes, C16 Center Console, C26 Overhead Console, G31/G33 chrome Sport Mirrors and a R35 AM/FM Radio among other things.

Check out this undercarriage. Everything is clean and detailed ... I don't think they ever looked this good leaving the factory for the first time!!

Don't see many in this color combination, which is surprising being how nice that PRT5 tan leather interior looks with the Ivy-Green exterior.

I really like the tan interiors in these cars. Surprises me how they really were not that popular of an option when new ...

Did I mention how much I REALLY like these tan interiors??

In 2015 this green and tan beauty was for sale through RK Motors down in Charlotte NC. It's gone now, to a new home, somewhere, for I haven't seen any sightings of it since it was at RK Motors ... is it yours??

Cheers!
Tom

Chryco Psycho

I like the tan interior better than green interior  :bigthumb:

71REDCUDA

Quote from: RzeroB on April 11, 2020, 10:07:37 PM
Thanks for posting ... is 204245 yours Nicklas?

Now that you posted the pics ... you HAVE to give us some details.

You wouldn't leave us hanging would you?

And while you're at it ... what's up with that car above the Challenger?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Its a friends car. Sorry i dont have any futher info at this time. The 71 Hemicuda above is the real deal too.

BS23R1B268349--GB5-D32-H6X9