Main Menu

Random Hemi E-Body of the Week

Started by RzeroB, August 02, 2017, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

It's "Cyber Monday" ... and I'm "shopping" cyberspace ... for clues!!

Here are some "unknowns" that I don't know a whole lot about. I found them "digging" around the internet in my seemingly never ending search for new (to me ... and maybe you too?) Hemi E-bodies. Sometimes we get lucky and find something that includes a lot of info about the car and owner. Other times it's just a few pictures and just some fragmentary information. That's the case here ... with today's appetizers I really don't know a whole lot about them ... but maybe YOU do??

Here's one I found on Moparts posted by "mopargem" on Oct 5th 2010. Per "mopargem" his friend inherited this "old car" from his aunt after his uncle had passed away. She called him and asked him if he was interested in "some old car that your uncle had that's taking up space in the garage."

From the looks of the engine bay, everything looks like it could be original as it appears that it may have been sitting in that garage for a long time. Per the poster on Moparts, the car is a "no frills go fast car" without a whole lot of options - standard dash, no console, no stripes, etc. Being a 4-speed car and having the B51 Power Disc Brakes, I would venture to say that it probably also has the A34 Super Track Pack 4:10 Dana Axle Package underneath it too.

"Mopargem's" friend inherited this "old car" from his aunt after his uncle had passed away. He may have been thinking that his uncle left him an old 4-door Valiant or something similar. Boy was he ever glad that his aunt called when he opened the garage door to check out the "old car that was taking up space in the garage" was this HemiCuda!! We all should be so lucky!! Speaking of "lucky" ... any luck that any of you know more about this story??

Here's one that was posted to MyMopar dot com way back in 2002 by Jim Johnson from Memphis TN. Jim was posting a sales ad for his fully restored and documented '71 HemiCuda with 66,000 miles.

As you can see, Jim's ad is actually pretty detailed listing all sorts of info about the car. From his ad we can see that he describes it as being an EV2 Tor-Red 4-speed car with the A33 3:54 geared Track Pack Pkg, B51 Power Disc Brakes and S77 Power Steering. He even goes as far as to list some partial fender tag data in which he lists the SPD as being 315. There is a lot of info provided ... except for a VIN. Even though Jim provides us with a lot of clues as to this car's identity ... I just haven't been able to correlate it's true identity to a known car. How about you?? Do you know Jim Johnson of Memphis TN and this car??

This Hemi Challenger RT was featured in the July 2010 edition of Mopar Muscle magazine. It is finished in FC7 Plum-Crazy with V6W white side stripes, a V1W white vinyl top and a H6X9 black vinyl interior. It is a 4 speed car with the 4:10 geared Super Track Pack Axle Pkg behind it.

This Hemi Challenger RT was once owned by Ken Mosier, former owner of The Finer Details restoration shop. The quality of work done by his shop can clearly be seen in the attention to detail in this engine compartment picture.

If you think you have seen this Hemi Challenger RT somewhere else than when it was was featured in the July 2010 edition of Mopar Muscle magazine you're right! This car is now part of the The Brothers Collection and was featured in their Muscle Car of the Week video series #10. As high vis as this car is ... I still do not know it's true identity ... do you??

How about a Hemi Challenger RT/SE'? This one one is finished in EB5 Bright Blue with a V9W white Bumblebee stripe, V21 performance hood blackout treatment, a V1W white vinyl top and the uncommon (but beautiful!) H5B5 blue and black, cloth and vinyl "Houndstooth" interior.

Now that's a lot of blue ... but I like it! This car has to be unique in that it has the beautiful H5B5 blue and black, cloth and vinyl "houndstooth" interior AND the rarely seen S79 partial-horn-ring steering wheel.

I think it would be pretty hard NOT to notice this car if you ever saw it ... and maybe you have?? Like Ken Mosier's former Challenger RT, this Challenger RT/SE was also featured in Mopar Muscle magazine. The article was a double feature with this Challenger RT/SE and a '70 440-6 Cuda both owned by Joe Kulick of Hughestown PA. Maybe YOU know Joe and this Challenger RT/SE??

Finally there is this '71 Hemi Challenger RT which is one of the 12 made that year with an automatic. Being one of the 12 with an automatic ... and with the V6V fluorescent orange stripes (even though they were reportedly added and not original) you would think that it would be easy to identify ... but this one continues to vex me and my efforts to discover it's true identity.

Interior pic showing what looks to be P31 Power Windows and the R36 AM/FM Cassette Radio among other things.

Look familiar?? This Hemi Challenger RT was owned by the late Ron Slobe. Ron was the owner of R&R Salvage in Aurora MO which was one of the largest all-Mopar salvage yards in the country. Even though I now live in St Louis, I never made it down to Aurora to meet Ron and check out his Challenger before he passed. As such, I have never been able to determine this cars identity, or know what happened to it after Ron passed away ... do YOU??

Well there you have my wish list for this Cyber Monday. Maybe with the collective power of the participating members here ... and a little luck ... we'll be able to get a few more leads and identify some of these?? Thanks!!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RzeroB

No answers from the collective "Brain Trust??" Anyone?? Anyone?? Beuller??
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

71REDCUDA

Sorry cant help you with the eb5 R/T-SE see vin.. i have searched for a long time.. but the closest i have been to it is this car.. but w/o the v9w butt stripe.. dont know the vin of this one either.. or if it is the same car.. ?

Also, here is a video of your car https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa0ekmaPF2E

71REDCUDA

Here is another unrestored 70 Hemi chally in FY1.. JS23R0B221825 see pictures

Smallblock340

Quote from: RzeroB on September 28, 2017, 05:14:10 PM
Our next car was the first '70 HemiCuda built for sale in Canada  :canada:  That car was BS23R0B111658 and it was sold new out of St Felix de Kingsey Quebec.

Per Gilbert Ramsay of "Vintage 1970-4 Barracuda & Challenger Pictures" facebook page, this car was originally a FE5 Rallye-Red, V1X black vinyl top with V6X hockey stick stripes, and a H6X9 black interior automatic car. He says the car also had the A22 Elastomeric Bumpers Package, A62 Rallye Gauges Package, C16 Center Console and a M91 Luggage Rack among other things.

In the mid '70's Gilbert's friend bought the car and did a little "customizing" to it. He changed the color to green and performed a couple of other custom modifications to it as can be seen in this picture.

Note the added "duck-tail" spoiler, mud flaps, extended leaf spring shackles, protruding exhaust tips and the "double" hockey stick stripes! Hey, it was the '70's so this is relatively mild compared to some of the more "creative" 'customs that came out of that era! Here is a better picture of the front hockey stick stripe, although it is in black and white.

Interesting double hockey stick stripe treatment isn't it? Anyway, according to Gilbert, at some later point (he doesn't say when) the car was eventually re-purchased by the original owner, restored back to original, and the two of them are together again living happily ever after.  :woohoo:  Unfortunately these are the only two pics of this car that I have. It would be great to see it restored back to it's glossy Rallye-Red glory, so if you have some pics of this car post 'em up!  :thankyou:

For sale in glossy Rallye-Red...  :drooling:
Asking: US$ 498,000  :bigmoney:

Link: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/plymouth/cuda/2322213.html
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ