Main Menu

Repo Goodyear F60-15 Polyglas GT tires

Started by Christopher Evans, February 11, 2018, 12:39:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Christopher Evans

It's to bad that Goodyear doesn't make an improved radial that looks like the original Goodyear Polyglas GT bias ply tires.  :dunno:

For anyone that has purchased and runs these repo Goodyear F60-15 Polyglas GT bias ply tires, who has the best price on these tires? Are they worth the poor ride quality just to get that amazing look? I know about Coker & Kelsey Tire. Is there anyone else that beats them in price
:burnout:

340challconvert

I know they were not original fitment on Mopars, but I heard that Firestone is reproducing the "Wide Oval" tires with the 60-s-70's sidewall logo, but are radial tires instead of bias ply.  :idea:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

anlauto

Kelsy Tire is the manufacture, but I think member @smallhurst is a distributor and may be able to get you the best price.
I've been buying mine from Summit Racing because they have the best deal on International shipping :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Rusty Smalls who posts here and on other car forums as "Smallhurst" sells repro tires including Polyglas and has decent prices.  He posts a schedule of shows he will be attending mostly around the Midwest and if you can get to one of those shows to pick up your tires rather than have them shipped, you'll get the best deal you are going to find.  I've bought Polyglas from him twice, once I picked up at MCACN, and the second time he was at a Hurst Olds convention in my area, so I swung by, checked out the cars for a bit, and then grabbed my tires.  I'm a satisfied customer!
I'm in a dilemma about tires myself.  My convertible has Goodyear STs, which I love, but they are 20+ years old and I can't trust them any more and need to replace.  I'm tired of seeing Radial T/As on almost every car nowadays and don't want to join the crowd.  I like to drive the car often in summer and repro bias polyglas look great but for a local show/cruise in car, I don't think that is the way to go.  I'm intrigued by the wide oval firestone repros that are radials, they weren't OE for Mopars but may be the only way to get a good driving tire with a vintage look for a Mopar.

smallhurst

Hello,

Yes, I can help you with the Polyglas.  The tires are not horrible but they are not radials.  If you have fresh suspension bushings, a tight steering box, and a factory alignment and the car will drive as they came off the showroom floor.  I have no problem with how they ride, it just reminds you that you have to be a driver in the car.  Give me a call and we can talk.  My cell is 816-654-3400.

Thanks!!

benlavigne

With the ''revival'' of white-lettered tires these days, custom-done in stick-on vinyl, might be an idea to get the Firestones, put the lettering on the inside and have custom GOODYEAR  and POLYGLAS stickers done?

Ben

RUNCHARGER

I've thought that a "letter package" with the correct font complete Polyglas lettering could be a worthwhile product to market. You still wouldn't have the square shouldered look but the lettering would sure look better on your radials.
Sheldon

Flatdad

I run reproduction F60-15's on my B-body anytime the weather is warm and dry (and sometimes when it isn't). Didn't notice much difference between the radials I took off to be honest. Probably have about 5k miles on them by now, no regrets.

anlauto

Some people that complain about the ride of PolyGlas tires are the people who never had them  :alan2cents:

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Christopher Evans

Thanks for the info.
BTW Goodyear PolyGlas GT were the only RWL performance tires on ALL Mopars during the Musclcar ERA. The original tire on my 1970 Coronet RT was a GY F60-15

Cuda_mark

@smallhurst Hi Rusty. Are you still planning on hitting the Hemmings show in NY in May?

benlavigne

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 11, 2018, 08:23:36 PM
I've thought that a "letter package" with the correct font complete Polyglas lettering could be a worthwhile product to market. You still wouldn't have the square shouldered look but the lettering would sure look better on your radials.
I was thinking of using them on the new bias-ply-look radials from Kelsey...

Ben

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Rich G.

I bought the Firestone radials for my Challenger not really thinking they didn't come with them but it was to late to change them. Cudagirl 3406 just put Goodyear polyglass tires on her AAR and they do ride pretty good.

anlauto

Sorry, but Firestones on a Mopar is just wrong in so many ways :-X
I guess they wouldn't look as bad if you paint your engine compartment black :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Just Kidding.... :banana: