Main Menu

Reproduction E-Body parts, what's next?

Started by Cuda Cody, February 18, 2017, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

What's the most needed E-Body part that is not currently being produced?  I know a lot of people want rear Convertible panels?  Anything else?

blown motor

Passenger side lower dash trim. It helps hide the heater box.
I think this piece was only used on AC cars so the market is reduced. Likely why nobody is repopping them.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

Yup, just an A/C thing.  And I'm sure some people would like factory correct A/C lines too.  I think what holds someone back from reproducing A/C stuff is that the big dollar cars (Hemi's and Six Packs) never came with AC.   :dunno:   But I bet there was way more A/C cars then Hemi's and Six Packs so maybe my theory doesn't hold up.   :huh:

Quote from: blown motor on February 18, 2017, 01:34:47 PM
Passenger side lower dash trim. It helps hide the heater box.
I think this piece was only used on AC cars so the market is reduced. Likely why nobody is repopping them.

anlauto

Being in the hobby for over 32+ years I would say there isn't much left that isn't being reproduced.
I'm amazed at what we do have already....
Amazed to see Tony's new ashtrays....
I would agree with the AC stuff, but it will never happen
We could use:
better quality trunk mats
"by Plymouth" emblems
collapsible spare wheels
prestolite horns
bumper jacks
radios
correct radio speakers
radio speaker wire harnesses

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

cataclysm80

Quote from: ec_co on February 18, 2017, 03:46:40 PM
correct '70 emergency flasher pull 'knob'

:iagree:. I'd really like to see that one.
I'd also like to see some factory options be reproduced as a package that includes everything needed to install it on a car that didn't have it.
Six way seat
Cruise Control
Air Conditioning
Power Disc Brakes
Power Steering
Power Windows (especially for convertibles)

These are all very common in modern cars, and I suspect people would buy these option packages if a vendor had assembled them and taken all the thinking and parts hunting out of the equation.

Prestolite horns, convertible rear interior panels, better trunk mats, & space saver spare tires are also excellent candidates.

Are reproduction rallye gauges and rim blow wheels available yet?

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: cataclysm80 on February 18, 2017, 09:25:47 PM
Quote from: ec_co on February 18, 2017, 03:46:40 PM
correct '70 emergency flasher pull 'knob'

:iagree:. I'd really like to see that one.
I'd also like to see some factory options be reproduced as a package that includes everything needed to install it on a car that didn't have it.
Six way seat
Cruise Control
Air Conditioning
Power Disc Brakes
Power Steering
Power Windows (especially for convertibles)

These are all very common in modern cars, and I suspect people would buy these option packages if a vendor had assembled them and taken all the thinking and parts hunting out of the equation.

Prestolite horns, convertible rear interior panels, better trunk mats, & space saver spare tires are also excellent candidates.

Are reproduction rallye gauges and rim blow wheels available yet?

Power windows buttons and regulators!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Chryco Psycho

Radio delete plate
Proper tailight & trim mouldings 70 Chall
High quality dash pads
SE trim
4 spd console

A.Gramz

Roof inner structure ( if they make it I haven't found it yet)
Dash pads  ( I'm a very impatient guy and don't want to wait the leed times I hear about)
Offer complete drop in kits for options.  Like A01 etc

Cuda Cody

The Dash pads from Ultimate Rides are available right away for an exchange.  I think Dave at Roseville stocks them?

The A01 light pack might be a good thing we can do.  :clapping:  Tom and M&H will make kits if we send him one to duplicate.  He's okay to make and sell them as long as it's an item that Year One does not offer.  Maybe we should do that?   :thinking:   

Quote from: A.Gramz on February 19, 2017, 08:08:03 AM
Roof inner structure ( if they make it I haven't found it yet)
Dash pads  ( I'm a very impatient guy and don't want to wait the leed times I hear about)
Offer complete drop in kits for options.  Like A01 etc

anlauto

4 speed consoles, six way seat base,rim blow wheels,rallye gauges,dash pads, are all currently available. :alan2cents:
There also aftermarket power window kits available (however the switches don't look correct) for E bodies.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

I wonder if mass producing the 70-71 steering wheel would be feasible. It's time consuming and expensive to restore them correctly.
Sheldon

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: anlauto on February 19, 2017, 08:46:17 AM
4 speed consoles, six way seat base,rim blow wheels,rallye gauges,dash pads, are all currently available. :alan2cents:
There also aftermarket power window kits available (however the switches don't look correct) for E bodies.

The aftermarket regulators stink, however.  They are slow and often have problems :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Chryco Psycho

Just hear so many complaints about the quality of repro dash pads

anlauto

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 19, 2017, 09:48:25 AM
Just hear so many complaints about the quality of repro dash pads

Yes, yes you do.

However there's not a lot of reproduction parts that have the same quality as the original parts :alan2cents:

Most parts we buy and use could definitely use improvements.....but we keep buying them regardless , so why should they bother improving them ?