Main Menu

Rim Blow Steering Wheel

Started by kdcarman, January 28, 2018, 12:52:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kdcarman

Cuda Cody

hemiegeorge has some really nice stuff and his prices are near the top end for it.   I think you can have one restored by Doug for a bit less.   :alan2cents:

Jim AAR

Almost $3000.00 US for a Steering Wheel.That's absolute INSANITY, people like this are why E-Body parts are so expensive. Don't care what kind of shape it's in. It was probably a max $50.00 part brand new from Chrysler in the 80's. Don't care how much you may need a part, that is just plain STEALING, don't know how you could sleep at night charging that to somebody that is only buying it because they love their car  :alan2cents:

Makes me want to  :barf:

fc7cuda

Quote from: Jim AAR on January 28, 2018, 03:18:07 PM
Almost $3000.00 US for a Steering Wheel.That's absolute INSANITY, people like this are why E-Body parts are so expensive.  Don't care how much you may need a part, that is just plain STEALING, don't know how you could sleep at night charging that to somebody that is only buying it because they love their car  :alan2cents:

I see where you're coming from, some are in the hobby because they love the cars others to make $$$$   :alan2cents:  If owners don't buy the "overpriced" parts, than the market will eventually get the message.   :bigthumb:

anlauto

@kdcarman  okay, it's done.....I hit "buy it now" for you....with shipping, exchange and my 15% expect to see an additional $4489.00 CDN on this months invoice. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jim AAR

Quote from: fc7cuda on January 28, 2018, 03:27:59 PM
Quote from: Jim AAR on January 28, 2018, 03:18:07 PM
Almost $3000.00 US for a Steering Wheel.That's absolute INSANITY, people like this are why E-Body parts are so expensive.  Don't care how much you may need a part, that is just plain STEALING, don't know how you could sleep at night charging that to somebody that is only buying it because they love their car  :alan2cents:

I see where you're coming from, some are in the hobby because they love the cars others to make $$$$   :alan2cents:  If owners don't buy the "overpriced" parts, than the market will eventually get the message.   :bigthumb:

I fully understand that, but he could still charge $1000.00 and make $700.00. The guy has the nerve to call himself "hemigeorge" . He obviously has ZERO respect for the auto restoration industry. And yes, I realize no one has to pay his price, but if he's charging that, then others just follow suit. Just creates a market that in the long run is not sustainable. Sorry I just can't help but feel sickened by these types of gouging. I'm going to go  :barf: now and try to forget I ever seen this ridiculousness.    :looney: :crazytalk: :looney: :crazytalk:

anlauto

The problem is not with George, he can ask whatever he wants...the problem is with the person who spends that much... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

captcolour

Not to hijack the thread, but which vehicles/options got the rim blow wheel?

anlauto

That wheel was optional in 1970-71 E Bodies, 70-71 A Bodies, and 71 B Bodies.

Topcat

So how do the repros compare?
They look pretty good from the pictures.

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/4020ftx.html

captcolour

Quote from: anlauto on January 28, 2018, 03:57:47 PM
Was it a specific call-out on the fender tag?

Jim AAR

Quote from: captcolour on January 28, 2018, 04:01:03 PM

Order Code - S83 which was a $24.60 option in 1970. Don't know if it was on the Fender Tag, but would have been on the Broadcast Sheet for sure.

anlauto

Quote from: captcolour on January 28, 2018, 04:01:03 PM

Steering wheels were not on a fender tag, but as Jim says...on the broadcast sheet for sure.

anlauto

Quote from: Topcat on January 28, 2018, 03:59:54 PM
So how do the repros compare?
They look pretty good from the pictures.

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/4020ftx.html

I've used two of them....A solid 7 out of 10......they "look" good, but feel cheap and the one wire was broke right out of the box....that being said, I have a third one ordered right now for a customers car.

RUNCHARGER

If a buyer purchases that part, well then that's the buyers fault. It looks like a nice piece alright but they do come up and if you're a responsible purchaser I would expect to find that setup for half of the asking.
Sheldon