Main Menu

Fiat Chrysler has filed an application to have the ‘Cuda’ name patented!!!

Started by Cuda Cody, June 22, 2017, 08:58:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

I don't think they will make a Cuda, even though the Challenger is going away in 2019. 

Chryco Psycho

Cuda Cody

I thought the Challenger was going to go to a new platform in 2020.

ec_co

stong indicators that they want to bring it back, but who knows what will ultimately happen. I've heard the dealers weren't too thrilled with the concept that was shown a couple years back. if they do, I hope they don't shame the name
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Spikedog08

Well I don't know much about patents but I do know that the name "cuda" is not just for our cars . . . I would be surprised if someone doesn't already own the name . . . unless you can get it just for a car?   :dunno:

If you go to Google and type "cuda" . . . many other things come up before the Plymouth Cuda . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ec_co

Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 23, 2017, 08:01:07 AM
Well I don't know much about patents but I do know that the name "cuda" is not just for our cars . . . I would be surprised if someone doesn't already own the name . . . unless you can get it just for a car?   :dunno:

If you go to Google and type "cuda" . . . many other things come up before the Plymouth Cuda . . .

has to be unique to the product type so you don't get sued. so as long as there aren't any other 'transportation' companies using the name, should be OK (and I'm sure FCA already vetted this out before applying for the patent/trademark name).

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

750-h2

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 22, 2017, 09:54:07 PM
I thought the Challenger was going to go to a new platform in 2020.

Yes the 2021 Challenger will be all new.

MoparDave

it would be nice if they did. But until the F goes away in FCA I doubt it will launch.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

ViperMan

We have one definite Chrysler insider on this site, but man he's really good at keeping secrets...  :)

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  He likes his job way to much to be telling us what he knows.   :bigthumb:

ViperMan

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 23, 2017, 03:03:20 PM
:iagree:  He likes his job way to much to be telling us what he knows.   :bigthumb:

I know, right?!  What a dork...  :)  lol

70/6chall

OK Gang! What do you think?   Thanks Al

Cuda Cody

I think they'll sell a lot of them if they get the look right.  They did a great job with the Challenger and it's been a tremendous icon for the brand. 

ec_co

Quote from: MoparDave on June 23, 2017, 01:44:00 PM
it would be nice if they did. But until the F goes away in FCA I doubt it will launch.

I would have agreed with this a few years ago, but they have shown via the Hellcat and now the Demon that they aren't afraid to take chances and push the limits