Main Menu

Under “Cruise Control”

Started by 70/6chall, April 22, 2018, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

Need your vast Mopar knowledge especially with E-body asseccories. Ran across what I thought is an E-body speed control lever. Is there anyone out there that can recognize this lever? Have pics for reference.    Thanks,   Al

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Slotts

Hey Al,

That is not for an E body. That is a late 60's cruise control.

Is that NO$?  :unbelievable:

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Slotts on April 22, 2018, 01:11:18 PM
Hey Al,

That is not for an E body. That is a late 60's cruise control.

Is that NO$?  :unbelievable:

Jim

Agreed... B or C   nice piece

anlauto

I'm looking for a correct one for a 70 Challenger....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

70/6chall

Thanks guys for the info. I tried to do some research on google, came up with some old posts and a couple of pics. The last pic I have up with lever on a Mopar box, stated it was '70 Challenger ???
They look the same, that's why I wondered if this was for E-body. I found info from old posts of year range and vehicles of '70-'71 E-body and '71-'72 B body. It is not NOS, it is OE, just real clean. Been in my garage for years. I also noticed the C-body levers were chrome plated. Not sure, it looks like the last reference pic I posted of the lever and the Mopar box. A part # would sure help out now.
  Thanks,   Al

anlauto

I just looked at the 70 Challenger one I have (broken) and yours looks similar, but it is quite a bit different  :alan2cents:

70/6chall

Thanks Alan appreciate it. Anyway to send a picture of that switch to me via my Email. I really need a good picture of one to make a visual comparison.     Thanks,   Al

Slotts

Al,

Here is a link to my photo documentary thread on that "other" web site.  ;)

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/738678/5.html

If you scroll down to the post dated 3.11.14, that is a B body 70 satin finished cruise control lever. The 71 versions was a bright chrome version.

Scroll down further to 12.15.14 and you will see the lever you have with the part number.

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

70/6chall

Thank you, thank you, thank you........... Jim, Randy and Alan for your concerne and info on this piece. After all the google searches nothing worth anything came up. Jim, I did scroll down to your 12/15/14 post, quite a learning experience. Now I know it's for a '69 Charger coded N88 with a part # of 2443438. How I came by it, who knows. Since it's in such good condition, Jim, how easy is this piece to come by? For those in need of this lever I'm willing to sell, otherwise it would go back to the garage. Thanks again guys the mystery is solved.     Thanks,   Al

1 Wild R/T

Twenty three years ago a buddy was looking for a 68 B body switch.... Very hard to find... Back then at Spring Fling one of the vendors had two, one was decent, not as clean as yours looks, the other was broken.... The broken one he wanted $125 for, the nicer one? $300.... Neither sold by noon on Sunday but plenty of guys were looking...  Did I mention very hard piece to find.... True value today? I don't know, but I wouldn't give it away....

70/6chall

Thanks Randy.........appreciate your honesty on a real world value here. Be fair but don't give it away. As you can tell from help here I'm not exactly jamming up E-bay with sale items. Thanks buddy,   Al