Main Menu

Andy’s Cuda: running Parts list

Started by Dmz73, May 08, 2018, 08:46:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Dmz73

Hey gang!
First I (as well as the Knox family) want to give a heartfelt thank you for pushing the buttons to get this build going again.

For those that didn't know Andy, he was a stellar guy who would help anyone out at the drop of a hat. He's the guy that got my car going, and was always helping my family out when he could. I know he always gave what he could when he could, even till the very end.
He had a great sense of humor, and could always put a smile on your face!
He was one of my greatest friends-

Needless to say, Cathy is very excited to see the energy come back to the build. Admittedly, she's in a bit over her head on this one.

I've spent the last year recovering from back surgery, so I haven't been able to help. Since my health is steadily returning, and I've been enjoying my car, and want to make damn sure that The Knox family had an opportunity to get to drive their Cuda.

Just one catch.
It's not as easy as some assembly required.
There is a slew of parts missing, and probably a dozen trips to the local auto parts store, as well as Roseville Moparts.

Dave and I will venture out to Cathy's place and inventory the parts, and get a handle on what's missing.

The good news:
We have a couple of members willing to help wrench the week before Carlisle, so the intent will be to make all parts and monetary donations due two weeks before the build actually starts. (This is the background work before the overhauling show!)

The plan:

If you have a part that's on the list, and would like to donate the part to the build, please reply to this thread, state which part you are willing to donate, and  I will pm you Cathy's shipping address.

If you want to donate cash, credit, PayPal, or call a shop and order a part for the build, reply to this thread, and I will PM you the details.
*** we will determine with Cathy over the next few days how and which account to send money to ***

The parts we need to complete the Serpentine belt kit:

Crank pulley M P/N53010222
(Any 92-98 magnum)

PS pump (ZF MFG) M P/N 52088139AC
Rock auto P/N 2725 or 36717111
(96-98 ZJ w magnum v8)

PS pulley M P/N varies
Rock Auto P/N 300306
Any 96-98 ZJ w magnum v8

WP pulley M P/N 53010221 any magnum from 98 previous

Idler pulley M P/N 53009508
Rock auto P/N 45016
(92-03 magnum engines)

Idler pulley bushings
M P/N 33002201
(92-03 magnum engines)

Tensioner (GM 88909608)
Rock auto 49214/38110
Early 90s 5.0 L Chevy

(As a note: the Serpentine kit rotates CCW)

Serpentine belt part#????

The part list below has been created from pictures of the engine bay, and will be confirmed shortly.

Engine bay parts needed:

440 Thermostat
440 Thermostat housing
Radiator hose from firewall to engine
Water valve-not confirmed
BB Radiator hose upper
BB radiator hose lower
Vacuum line hose from brakes to intake
Fuel hose from pump to carb

BB 4 Barrel Hard fuel line from pump to carb (440)
Lokar kickdown linkage

4 Barrel Air cleaner- not confirmed
Air cleaner element - not confirmed

Battery- not confirmed
BB Engine bay harness (from firewall to headlights)- not confirmed
3speed wiper motor harness- not confirmed

Fusible link- not confirmed
Starter solenoid-not confirmed

Rebuildable/Core Power steering pump-not confirmed
Power steering pump pressure hose in
Power steering pump hose out

(I believe he may have a radiator)
Radiator brackets- not confirmed
Radiator overflow bottle bracket- not confirmed
Accessory drive fans- not confirmed

I'll continue to edit this as much as I can when I can.
Again, we all appreciate your help!

Regards,
Dan Zimmermann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chryco Psycho

Oil pressure sender or switch depending which dash he has .
Would it be easier to just use stock pulleys ?

72 Challenger

Just going off the pictures, I'm not seeing a coil?
Someday I will have a J0b.

JS29

somewhere in my archives I have A BB upper radiator hose for A 26"radiator E-body!!! from year one, I would more than happy to donate it. Just let me know and I will send out the search dog.   :andyangel:   

HP_Cuda

You also need the heater lines and if you want to use the A/C those lines as well plus the canister.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Brads70

I think I have the Lokar kickdown linkage .... I know I didn't throw it out when I went to the 4l60 OD

ledphoot

MEK-Dangerous

Dan,

I'm in for sending money to whatever account is set up. Let me know...

jimynick

Does Chris's Hollander system give him the data to search used parts for the serpentine stuff out? If you go with A/C, then there's the compressor, receiver/dryer, hoses, valves, muffler, oil, brackets, different pulleys and belts as well as sucking the system down and coolant (R134?) a potential PITA and time/money sponge . Here's another question- would any of our sponsors be willing to donate parts towards this charitable act? Dan, did you say you were setting up a "Go Fund Me" account? That'd make it easier for folks to send a few bucks who can't make it in person. Just my  :alan2cents: and I know you're working hard on this as it is.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Topcat

Or should we consider a Go Fund me account?

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on May 08, 2018, 09:09:39 PM
Oil pressure sender or switch depending which dash he has .
Would it be easier to just use stock pulleys ?

If going with stock pulleys , I did donate a clutch fan back when. Also an ignition box (stock), pic dosen't go high enough to tell if ones there or not. 

Hollander only list harmonic balancers, no pulleys. Believe me I wish they did. 

I do have a p/s pump that was on my HEMI before I changed my steering gear. Was good when I pulled it, but scavenged the brackets and pulley for the new pump I installed