Main Menu

1971 ‘cuda convertible

Started by 69CudaFan, June 28, 2018, 09:17:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

69CudaFan

Figured I would share with the group.

Cuda Cody

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69CudaFan

@anlauto you are correct. I actually like how it breaks up the color. Radiator blackout missing too.

6bblgt

Quote from: 69CudaFan on June 28, 2018, 03:52:35 PM
@anlauto you are correct. I actually like how it breaks up the color. Radiator blackout missing too.

based on the one pic - I think it's "radiator missing"  :wave:

69CudaFan

It's in a box. Needs to be recored.

69CudaFan

anlauto

So is there a story here ? Did you just buy the car ? Restore the car yourself ? What's the original drive train ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Chryco Psycho

RzeroB

Quote from: anlauto on June 30, 2018, 04:34:11 PM
So is there a story here ? Did you just buy the car ? Restore the car yourself ? What's the original drive train ?

This car has a rich and rather unusual history to it. CudaFan posted some of it over on the E-bodies org facebook page.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

anlauto

Hopefully he can fill us in too.....I know there are a couple of us here that don't do the "Facebook" thing :looney:

RUNCHARGER

Interesting car: That isn't the old "Mannix" Cuda is it?
Sheldon

RzeroB

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 30, 2018, 11:55:06 PM

Per CudaFan you would be correct!  :bigthumb:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RzeroB on July 01, 2018, 01:43:21 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 30, 2018, 11:55:06 PM

Per CudaFan you would be correct!  :bigthumb:

Randy Gerstenberg...... No personal dealings with him & I loved the way the car looked 30 years ago....  Back when they got driven... He ripped a hole in the oil pane entering Kirkwood.... I believe he picked up a pan in the swap meet....

autoxcuda

I saw a post on Instagram on the car and it was Randy reminiscing about it as someone trailered for him to check out. 

I heard Randy was back in so cal. Been about 20 years since anyone heard about him.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...