Main Menu

shaker bubble

Started by moparx5, September 20, 2020, 05:12:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

moparx5

i have a shaker kit i bought off the late  Ben Snobar , assembly drawing supplied is rather crude , wondering if anyone has a decent spec sheet on install for cold and warm  air door linkage and cable , last bit of under hood work on challenger just trying finish her up !!!!!
thaanks

71vert340

All I have are some photos of mine apart that may help.
Terry

moparx5

def helps , the steel rod that connects the 2 doors has a bend in it , is the short end of the bend go to front door or back?

anlauto

I think the longer end is at the back because the cable hooks up to it  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

One more photo that helps.
Terry

moparx5

seems correct that way and there doesnt seem to be any binding moving doors, the dog leg in rod  kinda  fits best that way too . i'd rather ask the questions than take something apart 5 times. was missing ground straps and short cable, door gasket and it appears  upper rad hose is different too from none shaker , so another e mail to rosvilles  and the ups driver keeps his job for another day.
thanks for the help

mccannix

Quote from: moparx5 on September 20, 2020, 07:27:17 PM
def helps , the steel rod that connects the 2 doors has a bend in it , is the short end of the bend go to front door or back?
You should do yourself a favor and straighten the rod to as shown in Terrys picture.
The factory shaker rod never had a bend in it, backed up the Fram/Chrysler drawing.
Countless original set-ups confirm this as well.
For some reason Snobar put a bend in his reproduction rod, whether the one he got for a sample to re-do them had a bend or he just assumed it was correct that way.
I had over 50 original rods direct from Fram......all were straight.

71vert340

Quote from: moparx5 on September 20, 2020, 07:27:17 PM

I apologize @moparx5. I misunderstood when you were talking about a bend in the rod between cable and air door. I thought you were talking about the 90 degree bends on the ends and I couldn't remember a difference. Mine has no bend along the length. As @mccannix pointed out, the air door rod is straight.
Terry W.

moparx5

this is the rod i got
it does appear to work  with the dog leg being closer to warm air door and the longer 90 bend being at cold door to accept cable
the one pictured on rosevilles  has same bend  gonna roll the dice and asume it is correct
i got more info  than i asked for because i was un aware of the grounding straps and the different top  rad hose

it was easy to buy the new challenger but for some reason the punishment's of restoring the old ones is still more fun !!! lol

anlauto

We need the advice of Tommy the @Chryco  :brainiac:  he'll know which way the rod goes for sure...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mccannix

The rod can go either way, makes no difference...provided it it the original and not a Snobar reproduction

moparx5

it is snobar's
i guess when i get the short cable and a few other parts on order can assemble it completely  any problems will apear