Main Menu

Shaker control cables

Started by Racer57, June 15, 2024, 10:14:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

This is one of those little issues that I've ignored and finally decided to fix. The top cable from the shaker isn't fastened, but does the clamp go on the end or around the thicker portion ?  I am holding the bottom one over the screw that secures it. So its placement is accurate.  When I push the knob/button or whatever its called for the shaker inside the car, the metal cable bends due to being too long. I strongly suspect its a cheap replacement. OR, am I doing something wrong ?

Floyd

Here's a pic from an older post from mccannix.  In my experience, you need to use a NOS or original heater cable clip.  The repros I've bought are junk (too brittle).

Racer57

Quote from: Floyd on June 16, 2024, 05:19:09 AMHere's a pic from an older post from mccannix.  In my experience, you need to use a NOS or original heater cable clip.  The repros I've bought are junk (too brittle).

My pic isn't very good at showing the fasteners, but I believe they are identical. BUT, your pic does show that my cable is way too long. Thanks.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Floyd on June 16, 2024, 05:19:09 AMHere's a pic from an older post from mccannix.  In my experience, you need to use a NOS or original heater cable clip.  The repros I've bought are junk (too brittle).

Anyone know the best source for the NOS style clips?

Floyd

I bought some NOS from a vendor at Carlisle.  I doubt they'll be too hard to find since they were used on heater boxes as well. Originals are pretty tough and stay pretty nice as well.  Here's a pic of an NOS/original with a flat phosphate finish next to a repro (circled in red) with a glossy finish.  Note the broken off tab on the repro.

mccannix

6015143 is the part number.
They were available from Chrysler Canada last year but are not now.
Check with your dealer, the US may still have some in the system.
Detroit Muscle Technologies has them and the screw for $1.95.
I dont know his supplier but if they're as good as his other products, they should be alright