Main Menu

Sheet metal availability

Started by dodj, November 28, 2023, 12:28:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I agree, it's been getting better since Covid, but it ain't gonna last forever and the prices seem to be going up everyday and shipping costs just seem to have exploded
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Hmmmm. Guess I can't order from Roseville anymore.  :tired:
Your shipping address and home address have to match according to their website or the order will be cancelled. I have always ordered my US sourced parts to be shipped to a parcel facility in MN then I go and import it myself. Wonder why the change in shipping policy? @MoparDave
 :dunno: 
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Jay Bee

Quote from: dodj on December 23, 2023, 12:57:23 PMYour shipping address and home address have to match according to their website or the order will be cancelled.

Seriously, this is the first I heard of that policy. I've got 3 different US addresses that I guess can't be used by Roseville anymore. That may put a dent in their sales. Hopefully it's not written in stone and they can make some exceptions.

MoparDave

Quote from: dodj on December 23, 2023, 12:57:23 PMHmmmm. Guess I can't order from Roseville anymore.  :tired:
Your shipping address and home address have to match according to their website or the order will be cancelled. I have always ordered my US sourced parts to be shipped to a parcel facility in MN then I go and import it myself. Wonder why the change in shipping policy? @MoparDave

Cases like this with repeat customers we can do this. We had to make this policy on new orders this past summer due to credit card fraud and getting charged back thousands. It's easy to frustrated from a customer stand point. But as a business we have to protect us as well.
Email the order over or send in a message to Ryan or Jon.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

dodj

Quote from: MoparDave on December 23, 2023, 03:37:27 PM
Quote from: dodj on December 23, 2023, 12:57:23 PMHmmmm. Guess I can't order from Roseville anymore.  :tired:
I will call after the weekend!
Thank you Dave
Merry Christmas!

Cases like this with repeat customers we can do this. We had to make this policy on new orders this past summer due to credit card fraud and getting charged back thousands. It's easy to frustrated from a customer stand point. But as a business we have to protect us as well.
Email the order over or send in a message to Ryan or Jon.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

If there's ever an issue like this, it doesn't hurt to pick up a phone and call, talk to a human like the old days...not everything has to be done on line...

Last week I was about to place an order on line with Vans Auto, instead I called just to see if they had any upcoming sales or discounts....the guy ended up giving me a great discount and however he calculated the shipping, it was less than half of what their website said...big over all savings and a pleasant conversation to boot ! :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: Jay Bee on December 23, 2023, 03:32:03 PM
Quote from: dodj on December 23, 2023, 12:57:23 PMYour shipping address and home address have to match according to their website or the order will be cancelled.

Seriously, this is the first I heard of that policy. I've got 3 different US addresses that I guess can't be used by Roseville anymore. That may put a dent in their sales. Hopefully it's not written in stone and they can make some exceptions.
I gave Roseville a call today and talked to Ryan. He said there will be no problem helping us repeat customers so you will be fine John.
Like Dave said in a previous post, they gotta cover their a$$ when it comes to new customers trying to use fraudulent card numbers...
So if they have dealt with you before, I think there will be no problem.