hot_post in Shipping to Canada in Cuda & Challenger General Discussion (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS) Author Topic: Shipping to Canada  (Read 1132 times)

Online Brads70

• Trade Count: (0)
  • E-Body Wizard
  • index in Shipping to Canada in Cuda & Challenger General Discussion (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
    • Share Post
xx in Shipping to Canada in Cuda & Challenger General Discussion (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
Re: Shipping to Canada
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2019, 08:38:55 AM »
I know a certain member here that has things shipped to his inlaws and comes down to pick the stuff up...  :pokeeye:

:notsure:     :lurking:

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Six Pack
  • index in Shipping to Canada in Cuda & Challenger General Discussion (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
    • Share Post
xx in Shipping to Canada in Cuda & Challenger General Discussion (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2019, 07:51:18 PM »
 :rofl:  :rofl:...……………                    :wave:

Offline Slotts

• Big Block
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2019, 08:52:50 AM »
 :-X

Jim
Be careful. Don’t get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

E-Bodies Cuda Challenger Message Forum

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2019, 08:52:50 AM »

Offline Mopsquad

• Big Block
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 10:07:56 AM »
I can feel the pain our of Canadian members.  I lived in Canada for most of my life and restored a '65 Mustang up there.  USPS and my parents in the US where the best bet.

Now one other thing.  When I restored my Mustang, the Canadian dollar was only worth 62 cents!!  Some of you may remember that horrible time ):

An American dollar cost me $1.60!!

IMG_2014 in Shipping to Canada in Cuda & Challenger General Discussion (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)

Offline RUNCHARGER

• Trade Count: (8)
  • E-Body Wizard
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 06:46:06 PM »
Yeah: It's costing us about $1.40 right now. It's really tough to build them up here but we still do.
Sheldon

Offline js27

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Six Pack
    • Share Post
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2019, 11:37:21 AM »
I just sold a radio delete plate to a gentleman in Canada for a A-body. I took it to the post office today to get a shipping price and was shocked. The box is about 10" long and 4" high and weights about 3 ounces. I could ship regular parcel post for $10.95. I told them I want $50.00 insurance ( cost of the part) and was told I could not get insurance on parcel post and had to ship priority that comes with $200.00 insurance for a shipping price of $39.95. Crazy-$40.00 shipping to get insurance on a $50.00 part. I also have to fill out custom papers.
WOW
JS27

Online anlauto

• Trade Count: (15)
  • E-Body Wizard
  • Life is like a box of chocolates....
    • Share Post
    • www_sm in Shipping to Canada in Cuda & Challenger General Discussion (ROSEVILLE MOPARTS)
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2019, 11:40:01 AM »
Yup...Goes both ways....now you know why my ads say NO SHIPPING....it usually cost more to ship something these days then the part is worth... :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2019, 11:40:01 AM »

Offline blown motor

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Six Pack
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2019, 12:25:44 PM »
I just sold a radio delete plate to a gentleman in Canada for a A-body. I took it to the post office today to get a shipping price and was shocked. The box is about 10" long and 4" high and weights about 3 ounces. I could ship regular parcel post for $10.95. I told them I want $50.00 insurance ( cost of the part) and was told I could not get insurance on parcel post and had to ship priority that comes with $200.00 insurance for a shipping price of $39.95. Crazy-$40.00 shipping to get insurance on a $50.00 part. I also have to fill out custom papers.
WOW
JS27

@js27 Where is it going in Canada and how quick does he need it? I'll be in Ohio next week. If you can get it there I can bring it back and mail it from here.
Who has more fun than people!
74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic
15 Challenger SXT 
68 Charger RT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone

Offline js27

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Six Pack
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2019, 06:13:19 AM »
WOW
JS27

@js27 Where is it going in Canada and how quick does he need it? I'll be in Ohio next week. If you can get it there I can bring it back and mail it from here.

Thank you so much for the kind offer. I talked to the gentleman last night is he is comfortable with me  just mailing to him without the insurance. Again Thank You for being a true Mopar Guy.
JS27

Offline Jay Bee

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Six Pack
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2019, 01:06:22 PM »
I also stay away from any seller that uses the "Global Shipping Program". I believe everything goes to a central place in Kentucky and the items are sent from there.  That system automatically tacks on an "import fee".  I got lucky once and contacted the seller, who used another one of his shipping services that was even cheaper than USPS.
"We're trying to build a gentler, kinder society. And if we all pitch in just a little bit, we're gonna get there."
Alex Trebek - Posthumous Jan. 04, 2021

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2019, 01:06:22 PM »

Tags:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter Share via whatsapp

xx
Shipping a car in Canada - Enclosed Trailer, Who have you used?

Started by 72 Challenger

18 Replies
Last post April 01, 2020, 11:57:26 AM
by Izzy77
xx
Tire Shipping

Started by plymouthbelvy

5 Replies
Last post May 11, 2018, 04:28:09 PM
by 71-440
xx
Shipping an 8 3/4 Rear