Main Menu

Shout Out To Sam Davis At TTI Exhaust

Started by Daveh, February 14, 2018, 07:24:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey All,

As some you may have seen in my previous post, my TTI exhaust for my 340 was hanging way too low.  I wasn't happy with it and at first I almost left it because I've seen them like that on other Challengers from time to time.  The TTI exhaust and TTI headers were purchased some 6 years ago from TTI and I'm now finally putting them on.  I spoke with Sam Davis at TTI and he explained that the exhaust would hang lower if your using a Tremec transmission which I am. 

He was super helpful and said that he would make me a set of reducers with a 6 degree bend in them and help compensate for the Tremec.  Well he was spot on, any more of a bend and I wouldn't have been able to mate the reducer to the exhaust.  He is even allowing me to return my old reducers for a credit.  I'm super happy with the result.  Below are two before pics and two after pics, what a difference that small bend made.

Sam was great and patient with me when I was explanation my situation.  He will definitely get my business in future.  Sam if you read this thank you very much, I really appreciate what you did for me. 

Dave

GoodysGotaCuda

Well you have my attention. Mine is problematic as well. Do you have an email address for Sam?

I've had problems with having to ding the tubing to clear the front unjoint. It bet it's related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

packnsix

Wow, what a difference. Thanks for the follow and the tip on who to contact at TTI.

Daveh

71-440

Big difference! That's what customer service is all about.

Looks good Dave! :twothumbsup:
Joe

7212Mopar

DaveH, would you please also PM me Sam's email? What you have now looks way better than before. I took mine apart last weekend and try what Goody had done. I must say I gained may be 1/2" if not less. It still too low for me. I do have bigger Tbar but also lives on the hills. I am pretty certain it will drag trying to get off my driveway.

Thanks
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Daveh

Spikedog08

Nice job and cool that TTI went the extra step to remedy your issue!   :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Katfish

GoodysGotaCuda

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

RUNCHARGER

It's always nice to hear about outstanding vendors/manufacturers.
Sheldon

7212Mopar

1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Katfish

Is it just the angle, or does the header collector seem higher in the after pic?
If just the reducer changed, wouldn't that not change the header location.

303 Mopar

Huge difference! Great product, great customer service TTI! :banana:

Chryco Psycho

Sam or Mike are some of the best people I have ever dealt with , awesome job  :twothumbsup: