Main Menu

Shout out to Silver Sport Transmissions

Started by Racer57, July 02, 2020, 08:22:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

I hope this doesn't go against Forum policy to mention a company here, but what happen doesn't happen very often.

I was in need of a new speedo cable that goes from my Tremec to Ralley speedometer. A member, shawge,  suggested Silver Sport Transmissions. I spoke with Chris Sitzmore and he told me they had everything I needed. However, somewhere along the line there was a mixup on how many teeth I needed on the gear. I had said my speedo said 70 but was gong 74 and he thought I meant the other way around. When I saw the invoice prior to receiving the package it had a gear with more teeth. I called, he said sorry we'll send the correct one. I then said "Will the package have a return labeling in it?" He said to  "don't worry about it, no charge". Granted, its only a $17.99 part, but when was the last time anyone did that !?!??!  :twothumbsup: 

That one little jester, will guarantee all future Tremec business possible with them. Thanks Shawqe for the suggestion !!

jimynick

Quote from: Racer57 on July 02, 2020, 08:22:52 PM
I hope this doesn't go against Forum policy to mention a company here, but what happen doesn't happen very often.

I was in need of a new speedo cable that goes from my Tremec to Ralley speedometer. A member, shawge,  suggested Silver Sport Transmissions. I spoke with Chris Sitzmore and he told me they had everything I needed. However, somewhere along the line there was a mixup on how many teeth I needed on the gear. I had said my speedo said 70 but was gong 74 and he thought I meant the other way around. When I saw the invoice prior to receiving the package it had a gear with more teeth. I called, he said sorry we'll send the correct one. I then said "Will the package have a return labeling in it?" He said to  "don't worry about it, no charge". Granted, its only a $17.99 part, but when was the last time anyone did that !?!??!  :twothumbsup: 

That one little jester, will guarantee all future Tremec business possible with them. Thanks Shawqe for the suggestion !!
You're right, a simple little gesture like that can make a world of difference in how a vendor is perceived and I'd be more inclined to give my business as well.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

shawge

:ohyeah: The little things make the biggest difference.   Now you'll be doing this soon  :burnout:
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

GoodysGotaCuda

I used SST for my 6-speed conversion and overall have nothing but good things to say about them .
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

73_Cuda_4_Me

:iagree:

I used SST for my 727 to A41 Perfect Fit overdrive conversion, and it was about as flawless of an installation as you could ask for in a complete conversion kit!
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B