Main Menu

Space Saver Air canister

Started by js27, April 15, 2018, 05:23:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

js27

I got my space saver all cleaned and painted and now looking for a air canister and bracket. Google images show a silver can and a red can. Seem like all the brackets are blue and the white valve cap seems standard. So what canister is correct or were both available? I found new non working silver cans on ebay for $ 69.00--and the brackets for $ 39.00.White caps-$ 9.99 for 4.  Are these good prices ?
Thanks
JS27

JH27N0B

The silver aluminum cannisters with white and blue labels are correct.  The red ones are later 70s and not correct for an ebody.  $69 sounds like a good price.
The white or whitish valve caps for space savers are usually around $10 each.  I'm not sure why you would want 4 unless you have 4 space savers?

HEMICUDA

JH27N0B

I was thinking of the cap on the space saver tire valve, which are white.  I thought the repro canisters come with their yellow valve caps?  The one I bought years ago did.

anlauto

The caps on the bottle were yellow, the valve stem cap was white with the little removal tool on the end.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

js27