Main Menu

Space saver details

Started by Arctoad, July 18, 2019, 09:45:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Arctoad

Hi all,
I probably should know this but was the Space Saver spare painted the same color as the car 70' T/A?
Thnx :clueless:

pink aar

No  I have a original never painted. It's about a 20-30% gloss black . Close to hot rod black or satin black

anlauto

Well YES sort of and NO for sure.

15X7 steel wheels on all Challenger TA's were painted black so the spare rime would be always painted black .
If a TA was equipped with rally wheels then the spare rim would also be painted black.

T/A Challengers never came with a "body coloured" rim. (unless your body was black) :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Arctoad

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on July 18, 2019, 09:55:06 AM
Well YES sort of and NO for sure.

15X7 steel wheels on all Challenger TA's were painted black so the spare rime would be always painted black .
If a TA was equipped with rally wheels then the spare rim would also be painted black.

T/A Challengers never came with a "body coloured" rim. (unless your body was black) :D

What about non-TAs and Cudas?

anlauto

The space saver rim was ALWAYS black  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JH27N0B

Quote from: anlauto on July 18, 2019, 12:22:22 PM
The space saver rim was ALWAYS black  :alan2cents:
Unless you are one of the guys who has an AMC space saver in his trunk, those are always orange!  :)

Arctoad

Ok.. that explains this.

anlauto

Yea, those are considered "look a likes" because they use a BF Goodrich tire close in size to the E bodies...Paint the rim black and you're good to go !

Arctoad

Just in the process of trying to find a reasonable price..

anlauto

If you're looking for the "absolute correct" one, expect to pay around $1000. :alan2cents:

Arctoad

anlauto

The above orange one can still be found for a couple of hundred bucks...I sold two at Spring Fling this year. Once painted black and detailed, not a lot of people would notice the difference.

pink aar

I paid 800.00 for mine this year. It's  a 9 on a scale 1-10. There was one at Carlisle this year for 1500.00. It was a 9.5 scale. I told the guy he was a little high, but  he didn't care.  He offered me a beer if I bought it for 1500.00.

Arctoad

I think I can get this one for around $200 CAD.