State of the E body Market

Started by erik70rt, February 01, 2019, 08:36:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gzig5

Quote from: jimynick on February 01, 2019, 06:21:15 PM
Quote from: blown motor on February 01, 2019, 06:06:40 PM
Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on February 01, 2019, 03:50:11 PM
Quote from: challengermaniac on February 01, 2019, 11:28:37 AM
Yup, supply of e bodies is very low compared to the demand of the growing Baby Boomer Population that is now in a position to afford one! 

Of course this cycle can be expected to reverse itself once the demand dwindles with the death of the Baby Boomer Population (how sad)! 

Enjoy them and life while we still can!

I totally agree on both points. The second point is the one that people lose sight of. Every year from this one until the day you die is your best year. Enjoy it now or life will pass you by and you'll be that guy no one wants to hear with his "I could have bought a..." stories.

I know people at work who love my cars and tell me they have a dream of buy a this or a that but now is just not the time. These are people with very high incomes that apparently can't afford a $10k project car or a $30k finished car but they just bought their wife an 85k suv and they drive 75k pick ups. I try to tell them now is that time but they can't see it. I try to tell them to stop dreaming and just pull the trigger rather than talk. It may seem like a lot now but years later will be even more.

A friend's husband was saying that someday he wanted to get a Harley. She told him that someday is now but he wouldn't do it. So she bought him the Harley! Some people can pull that trigger and some can't.
I think that mindset comes from our early years when most of us didn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out, and it's ingrained sometimes to the point that you described Murray- the inability to let go of your wallet, even for a little bit, for your own enjoyment. You keep on hoarding it "just until I get old" and then, too late, you realize that DAMN, I GOT old and by then, it's quite often too late to enjoy it. Wives are the best for seeing that foible and if it weren't for mine telling me to "get at that damn old Challenger" who knows when or even if it would've happened. Here's to good women and cars, boys!  :yes:

I was cured of the "don't spend it till the bitter end" when my Dad passed two years before retirement.  He busted his ass his entire life to make sure we had everything we needed and got through school with no debt.  He had just got his 40 Ford Deluxe Convertable  that was a 99 point car and we were halfway into the 36 five window coupe when he went.  Never really got the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of his labor.  I probably have overdone it but I started "collecting" tools, equipment, sports equipment, and everything else I could think I would want to use as early as I could.  I currently have five metal lathes if anyone is interested in one...I got my Cuda last year and will be looking forward to retirement in about three years at 55 if all goes to plan.  Like Dad, I've spent a good part of my life on the road away from my family and "home".  If the economy tanks and I lose it all we'll move in with the kids, but I'm going to enjoy it before I go!

erik70rt

Quote from: js27 on February 01, 2019, 05:05:56 PM
@erik70rt

Looks nice for $25,000.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/356610308453380

JS27

Thanks, Al.  Looks like a decent car for 25K.  I found a 74 Challenger for 20 recently, too, but needed a lot of work.  I'm still going to get a 'vert, but wanted to see if anything else was available cheap.  LOL  What was I thinking!   :crazytalk:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

RUNCHARGER

It's a tough time to get in right now for sure.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

It took me a fair amount of time to figure this out but when it comes right down to it:

Time is the most expensive thing you have, money can be replaced.

Drive it like you stole it, Enjoy Family and Friends, and try not to look back cause that only makes you rear end things!  :haha:

You can't take it with ya...
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Convertcuda

You said that perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!