Main Menu

Sweet looking setup.. Dual quad Hemi Injection

Started by Racer57, August 11, 2018, 01:34:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

Friend of a Friend sent me this pic of his 70 Cuda. First time I've seen a pic of this.  :wowzers:

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: That looks pretty good. The carb throttle bodies keep an original look.
Sheldon

YellowThumper

That does look good. I would then paint the fuel rails a Matt finish black or even dark grey to have them not stand out as much.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

ledphoot

That is pretty dang sweet..

If you wanna see a lot of EFI-Candy... Check out Rich Nedbal's site:

https://www.fastmanefi.com/photos

1 Wild R/T

So where is the TPS? IAC?   If your serious about keeping the stock look the fuel rails kill it & if your serious about FI the carb bodies make no sense.... :alan2cents:

CudaMoparRay

If trying to hide the setup, although it looks good to me as is also, I would just put a Shaker over it and it would look pretty much stock.
Besides with the Shakers on you could not see the beautiful carbs anyway back in the day.

Topcat

Here's my thoughts on this:

Cool effect? Yeah.

Driving everyday? Nope!

What are Hemi's known for?
Mid range to top end RPM.

Once you are at 2,500/3,000 RPM and climbing, as long as the engine is built well; why bother with FI/EFI?
Fuel atomization is doing pretty good at these mid to upper RPM's.

Certainly they are aren't known as handling cars where EFI etc. is a better choice going hard into turns.

Cold starts and fuel evaporation is a B!tch.
But that is par the course with carbs. 

Keep em carb'd unless heat and cold are issues where you live.   :alan2cents:

ledphoot

Sorry, I am not a fan of carburetors at all. EFI All Day Every Day for me. Wideband o2 and a computer tweaking your tune as you drive, handling the atmosphere, altitude, etc. etc. Get in, turn the key and away you go. A carb, even a well tuned carb, will never be as clean, if it is, it won't stay that way every single day of the year and everywhere you drive.

Topcat

Quote from: ledphoot on August 11, 2018, 08:32:33 PM
Sorry, I am not a fan of carburetors at all. EFI All Day Every Day for me. Wideband o2 and a computer tweaking your tune as you drive, handling the atmosphere, altitude, etc. etc. Get in, turn the key and away you go. A carb, even a well tuned carb, will never be as clean, if it is, it won't stay that way every single day of the year and everywhere you drive.

3 years later and my carbs are running like a Rolex...Or as they say Energizer batteries. 

My A/F ratio is probably at 15 to 1 at idle according to Roger who last helped me tune it.

Clean? Brown inside the tips.
Not Black. Plugs are are all Tan.

Sure it runs rough at first cold.
But once she's warm, it's running just as good.

Racer57

To respond to some of your comments, Tremec with a 373 dana rear and 255-70 tires. 2300 rpm at 75 mph

Mopsquad

Looks really clean...

I'm in the middle of my EFI conversion with a Shaker.  Not an easy job, but well worth the driveability etc...

EFI5spdtom

Hello 1 Wild RT.  These photos are from my EFI Hemi.  Please note that this is my first time responding to a forum and the photos were posted by a friend of mine.  I have never posted myself before.  Anyway, the IAC is hidden behind the carb bodies. the TPS is on the drivers side at the back.  I kept the carb bodies (not original hemis) to get the proper spacing and height for the shaker base.  I did this conversion as a challenge and to keep it looking as stock as possible.  it is a big stuff 3 system.  After learning and tuning, it runs real good.  I have recently changed the intake to the Edelbrock singe plane EFI manifold.  It runs even better--nice idle, real smooth acceleration up to 6k.  It has a 226//232 hydraulic roller and custom pistons at 9.5:1.  Runs well on 91 octane.  Thanks for your interest. 

Brads70

Quote from: EFI5spdtom on August 13, 2018, 09:29:29 PM
Hello 1 Wild RT.  These photos are from my EFI Hemi.  Please note that this is my first time responding to a forum and the photos were posted by a friend of mine.  I have never posted myself before.  Anyway, the IAC is hidden behind the carb bodies. the TPS is on the drivers side at the back.  I kept the carb bodies (not original hemis) to get the proper spacing and height for the shaker base.  I did this conversion as a challenge and to keep it looking as stock as possible.  it is a big stuff 3 system.  After learning and tuning, it runs real good.  I have recently changed the intake to the Edelbrock singe plane EFI manifold.  It runs even better--nice idle, real smooth acceleration up to 6k.  It has a 226//232 hydraulic roller and custom pistons at 9.5:1.  Runs well on 91 octane.  Thanks for your interest.

Welcome to the site.  :wave:

RUNCHARGER

Welcome to the site: I did a dual Fitech conversion on a Hemi and it is a challenge to get everything under a shaker for sure.
Sheldon

BIGSHCLUNK

Who wants to come over and set this up on NIKKI?  I will hand you wrenches and stuff....  :handshake: