Main Menu

Anyone seen this modified Challenger before?

Started by GrandpaKevin, October 13, 2019, 05:51:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GrandpaKevin

Looks like a parade car?
Back then they were just everyday disposable cars.

rhamson

It looks like they put the back end of a fire engine on it. :cooldance:

Brads70

New to me picture. Never seen that one before.

cuda hunter

I believe the westfield turtles high school team is in New Jersey. 

Kinda crazy.  They made a thing for the roof that someone can hold onto.  Probably prom queen and king. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

15 inch rallyes, I can't see if it is a rallye dash car though. Maybe built for one of those Firemen competitions?
Sheldon

MEK-Dangerous

That's a different way to get more trunk room.    :clueless:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

packnsix

I believe that Challenger is for Fire Competitions...the below picture is a real Super Stock Coronet that was bought new and modified by a Long Island fire department for the same purpose. Credit goes to Martin Wimberly who showed me this at the Mopar Nationals.

I have included the link from where the picture was taken so you can read some of the background on this competition.

https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2017/01/one-of-things-that-made-usa-cool-place.html?m=1

Brads70

e_body70

Supposedly a Fire Department Drill Competition car from the '70's

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

That was totally awesome!   Would love to see that chally doing that! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Brads70

HAHA love the re purposed modified race car!  :perfect10: