Main Menu

What is this?

Started by RacerX, May 01, 2020, 07:10:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RacerX

Anyone have any idea what this is?     Found on my '71 cuda...

Looks like thin paper discs, at least two of them.   Tied to the car with twisted wire.

Definitely been there since birth, both the discs and the wire have overspray on them of
original body color.    Discovered after removing the dash.

In my nearly 40 years of working on mopars I've never noticed anything like this before...
doesn't mean they haven't been on other cars, just never noticed any until now.

Is there a reason this would have been attached on the assembly line?

anlauto

The car likely had extra special instructions for it, maybe to fix a problem or something along the line....the two paper disc are those reinforcement rings found on paper tags to maintain the hole strength ....evident by the laziness of the line worker who ripped the paper tag off but left the wire there with only the reinforcing discs there... :alan2cents:

Just a theory  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RacerX

Quote from: anlauto on May 01, 2020, 08:20:28 PM
The car likely had extra special instructions for it, maybe to fix a problem or something along the line....the two paper disc are those reinforcement rings found on paper tags to maintain the hole strength ....evident by the laziness of the line worker who ripped the paper tag off but left the wire there with only the reinforcing discs there... :alan2cents:

Just a theory  :drinkingbud:

That theory makes some sense now that you mention it...    some sort of tag was tied there for reasons we may never discover and
was just snatched off leaving the discs and wire behind.   Been so long since I have seen those sort of paper products the thought
never even occurred to me!   

Interesting the relics we can find in 50 year old cars...

Mopar5

I agree with the tag theory.

Scooter

Shame the paper a-holes are all that is left. Would have been cool to see the hand written notes.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration