Main Menu

Kounts Kustoms

Started by Plumcrazzy, May 26, 2018, 05:41:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Plumcrazzy

I watch this program when I can and picked up a tip that I tried out this afternoon. Ryan and "Horny" Mike were giving tips on cleaning the exterior of a car. The tip I tried was to use a leaf blower to dry the car after washing. Worked great and was so much faster than drying with chamois, towels, etc. You are not exposing the paint to scratches by blowing it dry plus the high volume of air blows all the water out of the creases and little areas that never fail to leave a little water streak after you park the car. Anyone else try this method?

Marc70challenger

I know a couple people who use a leaf blower. You're right about getting water out of all creases, etc.  They love it. And pretty quick actually.

RUNCHARGER

Air hose is faster if you have one.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

I use compressed air & a chamois... I tried the leaf blower but I worry about hard debris being blown at the paint....

Warning if you have a poorly prepped car, areas of paint can be blown off if the compressed air gets under a poorly adhered edge..

70chall440

Motorcycle guys have been doing this for years, Griots sells a blower i believe just for drying off a car.
Mopar or no car!!!

YellowThumper

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 26, 2018, 07:46:59 PM
I use compressed air & a chamois... I tried the leaf blower but I worry about hard debris being blown at the paint....

Warning if you have a poorly prepped car, areas of paint can be blown off if the compressed air gets under a poorly adhered edge..

I have seen that first hand with compressed air where a good chunk of paint floats off.  :rubeyes:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

BIGSHCLUNK

Yep, I saw that episode too. Overall a good idea. But I learned years ago how poor the prep on my hood hinges were....   :rubeyes:

Plumcrazzy

Only problem with an air hose is residual compressor oil in the air unless you use an oiless compressor.