Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Just sold at Mecum for $110,000.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

WOW...I'm surprised, Dave Waldon would be rolling in his grave over that price, he probably spent that much on NOS parts  :'(

The string of 440 Daytona's went below the estimates as well....I call it a flooded market... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Okay, that blue 1970 Duster for $77K is a REAL BAD JOKE  :o :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on January 13, 2023, 12:51:48 PM
WOW...I'm surprised, Dave Waldon would be rolling in his grave over that price, he probably spent that much on NOS parts  :'(
Lucky to get that much imo. The car is ugly.
I remember looking at the build pics when he was building it. Impressive skills and workmanship to build it.....but...you end up with a four door. :thumbdown:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

blown motor

Quote from: anlauto on January 13, 2023, 12:51:48 PM

The string of 440 Daytona's went below the estimates as well....I call it a flooded market... :alan2cents:

You have to wonder if running them through in a group is the best strategy, especially since they followed it with five Superbirds. There was also a string of nine GTO Judges today. Perhaps you'd do better to spread them out, but what do I know.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

YYZ

I don't think that Dave would have been upset.

He would have known that building the car was a labour of love

He got lots of press for himself and his businesses

And the 4 door is something of historical note now, whether or not one ever existed as a prototype at Hamtramck.

Almost certainly @anlauto is right that over $110K of NOS parts went into it

torredcuda

I would hope Dave knew the car would be worth a lot less than what he had into it, which he pointed out numerous times was a lot.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

JH27N0B

Speaking of Walden's cudas, I thought his TX9 hemi cuda would have got more.
Not that the around $300K it sold for was anything to sneeze at.  But as hemi cuda hardtops go it was near ultimate.  Black with tan interior and restored to OE gold standards. I think it was auto not 4 gear, but otherwise probably top dog as far as 70 hemi cuda hardtops go.

HP2

This car is an example of why the factory did clay bucks and design reviews....that thing was fugly. I know some effort was made to retain some factory dimensions in some of the parts used, but that was a big mistake in creating its overall appearance, IMO. If you look at the Ford factory effort on the mustang, they didn't simply drop a sedan roof on their car. They modified to fit  within the lines of the car.

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 14, 2023, 06:51:13 AM
Speaking of Walden's cudas, I thought his TX9 hemi cuda would have got more.
Not that the around $300K it sold for was anything to sneeze at.  But as hemi cuda hardtops go it was near ultimate.  Black with tan interior and restored to OE gold standards. I think it was auto not 4 gear, but otherwise probably top dog as far as 70 hemi cuda hardtops go.

I looked at both of the 1970 TX9 HemiCudas today. Dave Walden's car is immaculate but the unrestored BS23R0B242332 car got $62k more. It has a 4-speed, two broadcast sheets, the window sticker and dealer sales order, and only 16,965 miles. Amazing to see two TX9 HemiCudas, one restored and one unrestored, for comparisons.