Main Menu

Think I reached my limit

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, September 10, 2018, 09:13:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

We went for a 75/80 mile cruz yesterday. My seats are gonna be the death of me...... Anyone use those extension brackets I've seen advertised? The comfort factor on the butt & back are bad enuff. The wife complained of back pain the rest of the day. And I agree, But at 6ft +... I think a few inches father back would really help. I do like the seats Brad stuck I his but I dont want a major science project...........   :notsure: My seats are in nice shape and all but 70's comfort lever is not making me want to go cruzin'

Chryco Psycho

it will help to add extensions & moe the seats back a few inches , I think Brad moved his seats back , he used the Hyundai Tiberon seats too

dodj

Why not replace the seats with a more modern, ergonomic seat and store your originals? That's what I did.  I can't see myself ever putting the originals back in, but I have 'em if I ever need 'em.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

gzig5

I don't have them installed yet, but I received my new GS-1 seats from Jeg's yesterday.  I couldn't resist the $130 sale price.  You're welcome to come up and see how they fit you if you are interested.

BIGSHCLUNK

Very tempting, your not far away 👍🏼

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: gzig5 on September 11, 2018, 06:15:43 AM
I don't have them installed yet, but I received my new GS-1 seats from Jeg's yesterday.  I couldn't resist the $130 sale price.  You're welcome to come up and see how they fit you if you are interested.

Nothing like being able to try them out in person before buying.

dodj

GS-1 seats are the ones I installed. Love'em.
Wife likes  them too!
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

1 Wild R/T

I have emailed Legendary and TMI repeatedly about doing E body sport seats...... Legendary did sport seats for 68 Charger & honestly those seats don't lend themselves to the sport seat look..... TMI has done lots of versions of Mustang & Camaro seats..... Neither has bothered to reply to my Emails....  I even sent Dante an Email figuring he might have some pull being a big reseller of Legendary produces... Also no reply..... I really don't want to use modern seats... I like the idea of original seats that have been re-contoured.....

Below first seat is stock 69 Mach One... Second seat is TMI's sport seats which use new foam & covers over original frames...

Third photo 68 Camaro bucket
forth photo TMI 68 Camaro sport seat..

gzig5

Holy crap, I think my brother at 6' 285  could fit in that second pic of the TMI Mach1 seat!  They look huge but that may be deceiving.

I pulled one of the GS-1 seats out of the box and have been sitting in it for the last two hours watching the Brewers-Cubs game.  It is not bad.  Not luxurious by any means but there is decent lumbar support and I can tell there is a lot more lateral support than stock.  I think the angle of the seat bottom will play into the long term comfort.  Definitely a huge step up from the condition of my stock seats.

BIGSHCLUNK I'm happy to let you (or anyone) test drive them, especially if you can bring Nikki. :stayinlane:

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: gzig5 on September 11, 2018, 07:18:52 PM
Holy crap, I think my brother at 6' 285  could fit in that second pic of the TMI Mach1 seat!  They look huge but that may be deceiving.

I pulled one of the GS-1 seats out of the box and have been sitting in it for the last two hours watching the Brewers-Cubs game.  It is not bad.  Not luxurious by any means but there is decent lumbar support and I can tell there is a lot more lateral support than stock.  I think the angle of the seat bottom will play into the long term comfort.  Definitely a huge step up from the condition of my stock seats.

BIGSHCLUNK I'm happy to let you (or anyone) test drive them, especially if you can bring Nikki. :stayinlane:

I can bring NIKKI that's for sure!  :burnout: I've got an out of state gig this weekend. Maybe we could hook on the next one?

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 11, 2018, 06:16:01 PM
I have emailed Legendary and TMI repeatedly about doing E body sport seats...... Legendary did sport seats for 68 Charger & honestly those seats don't lend themselves to the sport seat look..... TMI has done lots of versions of Mustang & Camaro seats..... Neither has bothered to reply to my Emails....  I even sent Dante an Email figuring he might have some pull being a big reseller of Legendary produces... Also no reply..... I really don't want to use modern seats... I like the idea of original seats that have been re-contoured.....

Below first seat is stock 69 Mach One... Second seat is TMI's sport seats which use new foam & covers over original frames...

Third photo 68 Camaro bucket
forth photo TMI 68 Camaro sport seat..

I do like the "recontoured" idea !!  But I've NEVER seen anything..........

dodj

Quote from: gzig5 on September 11, 2018, 07:18:52 PM
I will say there is one drawback to the GS-1 in a Challenger when compared to a stock seat. The seat has, as gzig5 says, more lateral support. Which is fantastic when you are driving. No need to use the steering wheel to keep you in the seat - the seat hold you in position. BUT, when getting into the car that added height on the side of the seat makes it a little more difficult to get into the car. It's not a big issue, but you can't just slide in like when you have a stock seat.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

I know comfort is the main concern, but those seats look like a fat girl in a prom dress  :thumbdown:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shane Kelley

Quote from: anlauto on September 12, 2018, 05:00:33 AM
I know comfort is the main concern, but those seats look like a fat girl in a prom dress  :thumbdown:
:iagree:  The Camaro seat looks really nice but that Mustang is just to big IMO.
I getting ready to install the track extensions on my Cuda. Need some more leg room myself. I bought them from YO and they look simple to install and would actually be pretty easy to make. What they do is move the seat frame back on the seat tracks so the tracks going through the floor stay the same.

Claudia

Does anyone have any pictures of the extensions installed?
How much extra room are you gaining?
Link to the extensions?

I am getting ready to do my seats next!