Main Menu

torsion bar boot tool

Started by 70vcodecuda, July 04, 2017, 02:58:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70vcodecuda

I've searched for the best way to install the boot but couldn't figure out how to get it on without scratching up my dipped and colored coded bars, growing up on the ranch I remembered these. Castration pliers, put some tape on the bar slide through mount and install with one hand NO FUSS NO CUSS

Cuda Cody

That's a great idea.  You held on to those all these years.... just in case you needed them? ;)  And you ended up using them. 

1 Wild R/T

I hurt just hearing about those....    Never speak of them again..... Or at least call them something less painful.....

anlauto

I usually just push them on and turn at the same time  :dunno: I've never needed any tools ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70vcodecuda

boy the ones  I have are thicker and stiffer than the orignals, tried pushing it on out of the car no go , heated in hot water not much better, could not imagine doing this under the car and not making a mess out of the bars, but this sure worked slick :banana:

jimynick

Quote from: anlauto on July 04, 2017, 06:10:56 PM
I usually just push them on and turn at the same time  :dunno: I've never needed any tools ?
\
Me, too and mine are over size bars as well. As in many endevours, a wee bit of lubrication goes a long way. The old 'nads took a hike when I saw those pliers, so I must've been a cow in a former life.  :o
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

I've only had good luck with the original 45 year old boots.
Sheldon

Brads70

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 04, 2017, 04:34:42 PM
I hurt just hearing about those....    Never speak of them again..... Or at least call them something less painful.....

:rofl:   did you cross your legs reading that post.  :D

philze

I remember my dad about died   :haha: when he found me and my brother chewing on those little green cheerios :sorry:

jimynick

Quote from: philze on July 05, 2017, 10:42:25 AM
I remember my dad about died   :haha: when he found me and my brother chewing on those little green cheerios :sorry:
LOL! I dare say!  :))
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Brads70 on July 05, 2017, 01:18:10 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 04, 2017, 04:34:42 PM

:rofl:   did you cross your legs reading that post.  :D

As a  matter of a fact yes... And they are crossed again....

61K T/A

Please demonstrate on the boot and nothing else. Ouch