Main Menu

Update - 1970 Cuda Damage Repair

Started by mopar thunder, January 17, 2022, 08:58:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar thunder

I thought I would give an update on my Cuda's repair since it has been awhile. It's been a long year with sickness, employment issues, etc but the car is coming along slowly. The damage to the back end is completed and just needs to be painted. then they will focus on the hood. I was told that will be the toughest since the bolts were ripped out along with the part that the bolt screws into. After sitting more than a year I will have to go over everything. I'm still not sure at this point if I keep it or not. It's a tough one to get over. Morre than likely i will keep it awhile longer but we'll see how I feel when I get to sit back in it. 

cuda hunter

Glad to see it's coming back together.
Once you sit in it, and drive it your opinions might change. 
Lookin good !!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

jimynick

I mean this in a friendly fashion, but why would you have an issue driving your car after it's been repaired? Remember that at one time, it was a collection off pieces that were screwed, glued, bolted, welded and painted together to make a car. What's the difference  here? As long as the repairs were done correctly, why not enjoy the nice car that you have and give your mind a chance to realize that?  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

I think it has a lot to do with all the legal BS he went though over the idiot who damaged it....not really the repairs.. :alan2cents: :console:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mopar thunder

Thanks anlauto, you are correct. I beleive the repairs will be correct adn look great. The fct that asshole sat in my seat dan damaged the car then what happened afterward still sits in my mind. Maybe you are correct that once I sit in the seat and feel it under my foot I will feel differently. I was hopoing by the end of Feb it might be completed but thinking about it, still needs the final paint, stiull needs the hood fixed and aligned and then the hood black painted I'm guessing it might go into March.