Main Menu

Upside down wire tab on LH rear wheelwell in trunk?

Started by HemiStan, April 25, 2020, 09:34:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HemiStan

Good afternoon,

I have attached a photo that I grabbed off of the internet ('71 Cuda).  I circled the upside down wire tab in the photo. 

My Challenger has the same tab but I don't really know what it is used for.  I thought maybe for the fuel sending wire but I don't think that is what it is for.

I initially thought it was welded on the car upside down from the factory but I see that this car has it in the same orientation.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Stan

71vert340

Cuda Cody

It's a wire loom holder holder.  But for what wire, I'm not sure.

71vert340

I uncovered my 71 Challenger and snapped a photo on how it is in my trunk. It is a wire loom for the tail light harness.
Terry

HemiStan

anlauto

Stan
In Terry's picture it's a convertible which the wire harness runs in a different area then hardtops.
One thought could be that they put them on all the production inner wheels tubs and they weren't used on hardtops, or they were supposed to be for the fuel wire.

I could never figure out how it would work with the fuel wire either  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

@HemiStan  On my 1970 Challenger hardtop, the fuel sending wire is routed through that wire tab. Makes sense to me.  :cheers:

71vert340

Quote from: anlauto on April 25, 2020, 10:30:25 AM
Stan
In Terry's picture it's a convertible which the wire harness runs in a different area then hardtops.
One thought could be that they put them on all the production inner wheels tubs and they weren't used on hardtops, or they were supposed to be for the fuel wire.

I could never figure out how it would work with the fuel wire either  :dunno:

That is true what Alan said about the convertible being different. I forgot about it and I was too lazy to walk the 150 feet to the other garage to check the 71 hardtop.  My apology. I'm getting forgetful and lazy in my old age.  :smile:

anlauto

That's funny....in that purple picture it's pointed up which makes sense...I just checked some of my pictures, and they're pointing down like Stan mentioned....In my pictures I have the fuel wire under the holder, but I'm sure it will just fall out at some point... :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HemiStan