Main Menu

Videos of my 70 Challenger project

Started by Nepagarage, January 12, 2022, 12:48:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Nepagarage

Quote from: jimynick on January 16, 2022, 10:10:49 PM
When we changed my cowl/firewall, we bonded and spot welded the two together before putting them in. There WAS some screwing around, figuratively, to fit them to the full floor but it was do-able. Alan's recommendation to cut out the body # stamping might be something if you were also going to get a box of the proper coloured chalk, but even though I did cut mine out, it's upstairs in a box. End of the sermon. You're getting there!  :bigthumb:

Do folks tend to paint inside the cowl before assembly? I know a lot of people say the inside is usually black, but even then I would think it has to be painted as the E coat doesn't hold up. Are guys assembling them then painting inside?

Also anyone know how to post video links here where it actually shows the thumbnail and not just the link? When I do it on other forums I read it's just a copied and pasted link.

anlauto

When replying there is a "Youtube" icon in the top row. Click on that icon and you'll get this: (youtube] [/youtube) then simply put your link in the middle

Something like this
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Wayne

Nice Challenger project.  Seems like your off to a good start!  Do you plan to do the paint work yourself too?

I just subscribed BTW. :bigthumb:  I am working on my Cuda on my channell
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

Nepagarage

Quote from: anlauto on January 17, 2022, 07:39:41 AM
When replying there is a "Youtube" icon in the top row. Click on that icon and you'll get this: (youtube] [/youtube) then simply put your link in the middle

Something like this

Thank you Brother!

Nepagarage

Quote from: Wayne on January 17, 2022, 08:01:35 AM
Nice Challenger project.  Seems like your off to a good start!  Do you plan to do the paint work yourself too?

I just subscribed BTW. :bigthumb:  I am working on my Cuda on my channell

At this point I plan on doing body and paint 100% on my own. I have a few smaller projects to get to before this thing gets painted so I won't spray it unless I'm pretty damn confident I can do it justice. I actually have more reservations about the body work than the paint work as even 20 years ago I never really had the right "feel" for body work. As I get closer to that part I may enlist some help! I do appreciate you subscribing, I know the production value on my videos leave something to be desired, but when I'm out there It's hard enough to remember to record it at all, never mind get multiple angles, better graphics etc. I'll check out yours as well. Always interested in how different guys do it