Main Menu

1970 Shaker Hood Diagram

Started by gb70, July 15, 2020, 10:23:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gb70

Does anyone have a diagram that will show all the parts needed for a shaker hood assembly. I have the N96 original hood, shaker base plate for a 70 440-6 pack that sits on the three carburetors, the air cleaner assembly, the shaker bubble top, and the cord that goes to the firewall from the base plate to under the dash, BUT am missing other parts that would make it functional. Need to see a diagram of the parts needed so I know what I am missing. Can anyone help? 

gb70

Thank you Cody. I did not see any parts that cut off the fresh air supply? Just wondering if there are some parts that block the two (2) hole cutouts in the shaker bubble?
Is this what I need? I did not see this in the diagram https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Shaker-Hood-Warm-Cold-Air-Door-Kit-Metal-Cuda-Challenger-70-71-Rod-E-Body/332436826665

Skdmark

The cold \ warm air door is needed too. They mount to the underside of the bubble.

The dash cable runs through the firewall to a bell crank (in the assembly diagram "View in arrow Z") mounted on the adapter ring. From the bell crank to another cable it opens and closes the door assembly you have pictured in the ebay auction. This way when it's raining, snowing, low temps etc. you can toggle between cold air intake through the bubble or warm air via the cutout in the front of the adapter ring that is over the water pump area.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

gb70

Chryco

Let me know if you need anything. Thanks
Tommy The Chryco
Cuda Rubber Bumpers and The Better "Shaker Kits"
1-866-893-2547

screamindriver

Here's a pic to help you understand how the parts work...The metal rod links both hot and cold air doors...When you push or pull the fresh air cable you're opening one and closing the other door at the same time...So one door will be closed at all times depending on which position your fresh air cable is in...There's also copper ground straps for any static electricity for the air doors...

gb70

This is VERY helpful. Does anyone have the copper ground straps, or know where to get them?

71vert340

A couple more.