Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

torredcuda

Anyone hear of these guys? $799 for white vinyl covers for those Viper seats and that includes the rear seat (Neon) which I don`t need so would be even cheaper.

https://www.leatherseats.com/home/
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

1973Barracuda

Brads70

Mr Lee

Vroom Vroom!
So, this has been an ongoing nut and bolt resto for the last... oh, I dunno.... 28 years.  Finally seeing the light at the end of this long tunnel and I am super excited about seeing this car come together.  I can't wait to finally drive it.  I've actually had numerous dreams about finishing the car. 

Painted the dash about two weeks ago.  Saturday, my brother and I installed the dash and got everything hooked back up.  Ammeter bypass done. Voltmeter installed.... 

Next saturday will be the re-awakening and the first start-up since 1992!  I will try to post a video.  I'm trying to get this baby done and drive it to Carlisle this year for the 50th anniversary of the e-body, show it off and enjoy it.  That's my goal.  To finally SHOW a car instead of just looking for all these years.  It's a light green "stripe delete" RT...  gator top car and I have an NOS top for it.     
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

JS29

Brads70

Well it's a freaky 45 degrees here today so I fired up the Challenger for the ( technically) first time this season. Nice to hear that old familiar rumble and smells again! Weather like this makes me think it won't be long now!
Started on the second crank. I wonder if one could relate that to the ground hog seeing its shadow? 4 weeks left of winter?  :notsure: :D

JS29

Quote from: Brads70 on February 23, 2020, 11:27:41 AM
Well it's a freaky 45 degrees here today so I fired up the Challenger for the ( technically) first time this season. Nice to hear that old familiar rumble and smells again! Weather like this makes me think it won't be long now!
Started on the second crank. I wonder if one could relate that to the ground hog seeing its shadow? 4 weeks left of winter?  :notsure: :D
Wishful thinking  :'(  I an in the same boat. :headbang:

blown motor

I replaced the inner door handles, lock levers and rear view mirror with repops. Also replaced the lower dash trim that hides the heater box with a better used one that I picked up a couple years ago. The lock levers are a challenge to change. Can't get the screw to start in the new ones. I'm going to have to do a little massaging. I have the Dremel charging.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

Quote from: blown motor on March 04, 2020, 06:50:00 PM
Also replaced the lower dash trim that hides the heater box with a better used one that I picked up a couple years ago.
What lower dash trim hides the heater box?
Got a pic?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

blown motor

On A/C cars there is a piece of trim on the passenger side that runs below the glove box and ashtray. It's not reproduced and very hard to find a good used one. My old one had two holes in it where a PO attached something and also a small piece broken of the left end. A couple years ago Roadman, God rest him, found me a decent one. I'll get you a picture tomorrow.

blown motor

@dodj here's some pics with and without. The piece goes right over to the steering column.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Fired up the Gen III hemi in the AAR for the first time this weekend!

Sorting out little things and trying to make the first modern hemi street shootout of the season in New Orleans [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

dodj

Thanks Murray. I never noticed that trim on a Challenger before. Learn something every day on this site  :bradsthumb:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Mark_B

Got my Challenger back from a service today.  They sorted an oil leak from the oil filter housing and welded up around the exhaust box in a couple of places as fumes were getting into the cabin.  Car's good for another year  :)
Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

gzig5

Yesterday I went and picked up the Dynacorn trunk/floor/frame assembly that Dave at Roseville set me up with.  They want to ship to a business with a dock or there is an additional charge for a lift gate truck.  Had it delivered to a friends business and was easy to move it to the trailer.  Then this after noon the common carrier delivered my quarter skins from the AMD clearance sale.  Credit card took a big hit this month but it will make for a busy summer!