Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Msbaugh440

Finally started on replacing my floor pans. Got the 4 speed hump out, I'm hoping I can reuse it, but it got beat up a little bit. Might as well buy the AMD for the price. Still need to grind the rest of the spot weld out

ec_co

the State went into 'stay at home' mode today, but I was able to get the Barracuda back from it's rust repair/metal work. at least now I have some more time on my hands, lol. glad to get it back before things get too locked down
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

YellowThumper

Quote from: Msbaugh440 on March 25, 2020, 08:14:39 PM
Finally started on replacing my floor pans. Got the 4 speed hump out, I'm hoping I can reuse it, but it got beat up a little bit. Might as well buy the AMD for the price. Still need to grind the rest of the spot weld out
Take some good measurements to where that hump is / was located before all is removed.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

jimynick

What I did was, I saved the chunk of floor that had the holes from the factory and I just trimmed off the excess and laid it on top of the new floor pan, marked it with a china marker and then cut out the necessary holes. Easy-peasy.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Msbaugh440

Thanks for the advice! My plan was to do it the hard way and try to remove the whole existing floor pan in one piece without cutting it up. Then take measurement on all the spot welds and sit it on top of the new AMD piece.

Is there any reason to have the floor under the hump stick out so far underneath? I feel like it would just trap dirt and moisture. Do you seam seal joints from the bottom of the floor like you do on the top?

Blake@diyhemi.com

This week I finished the prototype production harness for the 2005-2008 hemi car engines. Running good and testing has commenced .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Msbaugh440 on March 26, 2020, 09:02:04 PM
Thanks for the advice! My plan was to do it the hard way and try to remove the whole existing floor pan in one piece without cutting it up. Then take measurement on all the spot welds and sit it on top of the new AMD piece.

Is there any reason to have the floor under the hump stick out so far underneath? I feel like it would just trap dirt and moisture. Do you seam seal joints from the bottom of the floor like you do on the top?
You can trim it back flush without the wide lip under the tunnel no harm done

dodj

Completed a week ago...
Pic 1 Placed the QA1 k-member on the foam packing material on a floor jack. So the foam would give rather than damaging something during install. Engine was held up with a sling over a 2x6 beam that was placed across inner fenders.
Pic 2 rolled it under the car and lowered the car onto the k-member. It lined up perfectly. Installed the four k-member bolts and two motor mount bolts and torgued. Removed the engine support.
Total install time about 20 minutes (from rolling it under to tightening bolts)
Pic 3&4 more room

Does it make the car handle better? More solid up front? I dunno. I'll let you know this summer. We still have snow on the ground now.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JS29

Brads70

Swamp Donkey

Ordered a bunch of AMD parts.  Front fenders, rear 1/4's, inner and outer rear wheel wells, trunk floor extensions and front and rear valances.  And a front fender mounting kit.   :twothumbsup:  Of course I ordered when the Canadian Dollar was at its weakest. Haha
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on March 26, 2020, 09:04:03 PM
This week I finished the prototype production harness for the 2005-2008 hemi car engines. Running good and testing has commenced .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very cool ,people are putting Ls motors in everything , we need more of the same support for the Gen III Hemis   :twothumbsup:

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: dodj on March 28, 2020, 12:56:57 PM
Completed a week ago...
Pic 1 Placed the QA1 k-member on the foam packing material on a floor jack. So the foam would give rather than damaging something during install. Engine was held up with a sling over a 2x6 beam that was placed across inner fenders.
Pic 2 rolled it under the car and lowered the car onto the k-member. It lined up perfectly. Installed the four k-member bolts and two motor mount bolts and torgued. Removed the engine support.
Total install time about 20 minutes (from rolling it under to tightening bolts)
Pic 3&4 more room

Does it make the car handle better? More solid up front? I dunno. I'll let you know this summer. We still have snow on the ground now.

That is cool , Thanks for the great pix  :twothumbsup: