Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Blake@diyhemi.com

Installed rallye gauges and reupholstered the buckets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Scooter

Quote from: gzig5 on May 23, 2020, 01:40:02 PM
Quote from: Scooter on May 23, 2020, 01:00:43 PM
Forward hood hinge arm on the passenger side broke off going up 101 this morning and nearly turned my hood into a sail....

I installed the hood pins 3 weeks ago. I'm plenty unhappy.. but it could have been so much worse. 

:dunno:

That stinks.  I think I've got a set of hinges you could have for price of shipping if that would help.

Thank you for the very generous offer! I'm going to get a new set from AMD and hope the quality is there. Hood looks like it might be repairable... I'll have to see if it makes $$ sense to fix it.  So much for driving this weekend. 

anlauto

Do you have a picture of what broke ? I've never heard of a hood hinge breaking  :huh: that's crazy man....sorry about the damage  :console:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Scooter

Quote from: anlauto on May 23, 2020, 02:27:27 PM
Do you have a picture of what broke ? I've never heard of a hood hinge breaking  :huh: that's crazy man....sorry about the damage  :console:

I'll take a photo and post it up when I'm able. Here is where it broke just under the pivot, please excuse my mad MS paint skills.

Snapped that arm just a bit under the pivot point from what I could see. Grabbed a set of pliers outta the trunk and removed the spring quickly, needed to get off the side of the road in a hurry so I did not take much time to asses the damage.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Scooter

Quote from: anlauto on May 23, 2020, 02:58:51 PM
:o odd :huh:

Shocked the hell outta me for sure. Heading up North 101 and hear a loud clunk.. suddenly my passenger side hood is up a good 8 inches over the fender. I was telling my wife when I got home... if those hood pins had not been there...  :o

Best $60 I've spent so far this year.

cuda hunter

I've been trying to get a 3310-1 Holley to tune for what seems like weeks.  change this change that.  Always having the same hesitation/lose of power at about 3K.  drove me nuts.  Nothing would fix it.
finally I pulled out a proform double pumper I had sitting there that I had issues with before.  changed out the jets to 64 fronts and 74 rears, replumbed a few lines and slapped her on. 
That car woke up!  Much more fun to drive and it's ready to at least try some street racing. 
There is obviously something wrong with the 3310-1 that is causing the stumble.  I want to blame it on a small vacuum leak at the 4 barrel base but can't confirm that.

So now I have all the issues sorted out on the car.  Take it out to scout for a mustang and low and behold, I have no running lights.  Halos are out, tail lights are out and front parking lights are out. 
Still have blinkers, but no brakes or runners.  Figures!!!!  This pile is a mess. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Scooter, that sucks!  Never heard of that one before.   Good thing you had some pins on it.
Definitely want to see some pics of the damage and broken spring when you get a minute. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

jimynick

My sons helped me put back on the doors and fender and hood for the hopefully last trial fit. I was thinking of painting the car in pieces, but the amount of screwing around it takes to fit it up at least half assed has me changing my mind- what little I've got left- and I'll paint the insides of the doors, fenders, hood and deck lid and then reassemble/fit the car and paint it together. I realize I'm not Chip Foose and neither will my car be one of his creations either. It also got up into the 80's here today and it was nice and cool in the garage.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

YellowThumper

Rolled it sidways in garage to access both sides for the wiring. Have to say that out of the many things I have made these are on top of the list. Drive up platform that only rolls sideways. Pcannot have all 4 up on the pivoting type on back because garage floor is slanted. The driveway and street are sloped significantly.
Removed partial exhaust to add wideband bung and had to do a quick mockup for the visual. Been awhile. Got the juices flowing again...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

cudamadd

scooter that is just rotten luck it sucks. Lucky for the pins hope it will not take much to fix it   :cheers:  :australia:

cudamadd

All most for got I move my cuda out of the garage to drive in a friends 67 fastback mustang to replace all four shockers But tomorrow up early thaking cuda to have the upper control arm bushing replaced and wheel alignment done the front shockers yesterday day . :australia:

Scooter

Quote from: cudamadd on May 23, 2020, 09:41:56 PM
scooter that is just rotten luck it sucks. Lucky for the pins hope it will not take much to fix it   :cheers:  :australia:

Hoping it can be repaired as well. If I need to get another hood I'm in for shipping, fitment, paint, drilling new pin holes and all that "fun" stuff. I had a few other things I wanted to get done before paint. Car does have some minor front end damage from previous owner and some rust I was going to live with until I had some other things sorted out. I have new headers & exhaust in the garage and new leaf springs on the way. Ordered a new set of AMD hood hinges with springs yesterday. Realllllyyy hoping that hood can be fixed.

dodj

That's a busy looking engine bay there Thumper.  :bigthumb:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jimynick

Quote from: Scooter on May 24, 2020, 09:02:42 AM
Quote from: cudamadd on May 23, 2020, 09:41:56 PM

Hoping it can be repaired as well. If I need to get another hood I'm in for shipping, fitment, paint, drilling new pin holes and all that "fun" stuff. I had a few other things I wanted to get done before paint. Car does have some minor front end damage from previous owner and some rust I was going to live with until I had some other things sorted out. I have new headers & exhaust in the garage and new leaf springs on the way. Ordered a new set of AMD hood hinges with springs yesterday. Realllyyy hoping that hood can be fixed.
Maybe. Just maybe and you'll need the right guy to do it, too. You may have to split that corner to get at the inner properly and then weld a new or straightened edge back on. At the end of the day, you can fix anything.... but the skill and $ are the jokers in that deck. Good luck and I'm thinking about a set of pins myself, now.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"