Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

Installed the wheel well patch and ready to attach the new trunk extension to the new trunk floor. (I still need better welding skills!)

Have to watch the blow through when welding new metal to the original metal when stitch welding)

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

CudaMoparRay

Finally took her out for a short drive and a car wash and received many thumbs up and salutes while on the way back-and-forth  :banana:

dmastr3665

today I stopped at the shop and looked at my car that's been sitting there for the past 9 months with very little of the work done, a bit of advice if a shop tells you we can save you money by working on your car as a filler don't do it.

Marty

Finished up the first stage of the color sanding. 800 grit.

RUNCHARGER

"today I stopped at the shop and looked at my car that's been sitting there for the past 9 months with very little of the work done, a bit of advice if a shop tells you we can save you money by working on your car as a filler don't do it."

Exactly, always give them a deadline and tell them you need it by that date. It will be tough enough to get them to stick to the date but without a deadlline don't expect them to work on your car. Also feed them money as they make progress, no progress, no money and don't pay ahead either, just for what they have done. Otherwise they spend your money on someone elses work/materials.
Not all shops are run poorly but enough of them are that you need to control what is happening to your car, also don't leave any extra parts there that you don't want to go missing or be damaged.
Sheldon

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

soundcontrol

Snow today! Slippery ride to go food shopping in the Barracuda!  :o
And my fan is still not working...

jordan

I did a brake job for my friend yesterday.  I had the Cuda outside while I used my lift. When we were done, I asked my buddy if he want to go for a cruise.  So we jumped in the car to do a quick 10 mile ride.  We cruised the country roads at 45mph.  We yucked it up, and were having fun.  He told me stories about his mom's old Manaco with a 383.  It was a nice ride.  I decided to show him the horsepower.  It hit hard, but felt a little off to me.  I suspected it was a bit lean since it was only 40 degrees outside.  I turned the corner and it continued to feel lean as I accelerated up to speed.  Then it stumbled and eventually died as i coasted to a stop one mile from my house.  I ran out of gas!!!!  What a dumb ass!!  I saw the gauge was low, but it always reads low.  I didn't check my ledger for my mileage either.  I totally screwed that up.  Anyway, we walked for five minutes and my neighbor saw us and gave us a ride.  I put some gas in the truck, and drove back, and  filled it up.  It started slowly, but started.  I drove home in the next two minutes.  It's always an adventure in this car.  I love it!  And now my buddy has a fun story to tell about his dumbass buddy with a Cuda that gets bad gas mileage. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

FF376

Had some decent weather in the metro Richmond area today so my 15yo daughter and I hit up a local cruise in at a DQ. About 20 cars showed up, light on Mopar rides though. A nice 66 Plymouth with a mild small block was there. Hung out some with an old friend who brought his 72 Ford he bought new. Then just cruised some back roads with my little girl for awhile. Good times.

Swamp Donkey

Only worked on the car for about 1/2 hour.  Took out the drivers side rear 1/4 window and window crank assembly.   And my kid stopped by the shop, so I had him help me take the hood off.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

CU-DUH!

unfroze two calipers, tried bleeding brakes, no fluid to any of them :bricks:

nsmall

Replaced my stock torque converter with a new one built by ATI at the recommendation of @Johnny Mac

I've never been able to chirp my tires by flooring it and now I can spin them for quite a while without touching the brake.

I really recommend this ATI company like Johnny said as the new converter has great Street manners but it also isn't screwing around when you floor it.

Johnny Mac

Looking Good!  People don't realize how much a good converter can really make or break a build!

Remind me, did we pair this to one of these? 
https://blueprintengines.com/collections/chrysler-compatible-small-block-br-longblocks-and-complete-engines

Cudajason

I built some wood cribbing for my cuda and got it up in the air for the winter.

Should give me lots of room underneath to do the exhaust work I need to do.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

gzig5

I love my cribs.  Need to get them back from the body shop I loaned them to while they worked on my car.

Did you paint the boards to match your car?