Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: gzig5 on May 12, 2021, 12:16:52 PM
Never seen anything like those tags.  Are they real from the factory or something that was made up?

Usually found on taxis, police cars back in the day..... Doesn't mean the road handling is better or special , just the way it was " handled " when being built as far as I understand it.

YellowThumper

Quote from: Brads70 on May 12, 2021, 05:11:42 PM
Quote from: gzig5 on May 12, 2021, 12:16:52 PM
Never seen anything like those tags.  Are they real from the factory or something that was made up?

Usually found on taxis, police cars back in the day..... Doesn't mean the road handling is better or special , just the way it was " handled " when being built as far as I understand it.

I didn't see owner around to ask. Kinda had a feeling that they were added for discussion purposes. Specifically because the detail tag was not there.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

I was at mopars in the park a few years ago and saw an orange hemi cuda with a tag that read something like
"Not a hemi cuda"
Galen Govier
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Montclaire

Painted my new AMD big block steel valve covers and started prepping my water pump housing for paint. I used Duplicolor hemi orange engine paint, which went on like water and the nozzle kept clogging/spraying in a thin pattern.  Not impressed with the paint.

I also discovered my new NAPA water pump, which was supposed to be a remanned factory 8-blade unit was actually a new chicom 6-blade pump. The part number on the box matched the listing on the website but the pump was totally different. Back to NAPA for the right one.

JS29

@Montclaire  I have encountered That with NAPA a few times before!!!  :headbang:

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Finally got the SE headliner reinstalled.  ....AND....finally after 3 years, put os a set of BFGoodrich.  I have also posted several pics of the tires and how they compared to the ones that were on when I got the car in 2004!  That is posted on the  what size , what's too big thread.

Three pics after, one before.

jimynick

Yesterday, about 5 hours blocking the hood and rt fender and today about 3 hours blocking and re-priming the hood. Then I spent about 2 hours going through the gems that I bought from Alan. I have to figure out how to attach photos here as there's several parts I need to ask the name of from the knowledge pool here. Son Nick was helping also!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

benlavigne

Finally got around to take the Challenger out for a drive, love that view! Put on the Rallyes and Polyglas for a change, stopped by Indy Auto AKA  Nick's Garage.

Ben

tparker

Gonna spend some time putting together a parts list for this weekends swap meet and show in Los Angeles. I got about 60 bolts I gotta get sorted out with nuts and washers and other stuff. Probably will take me a couple days.

Water pump bolts
Timing chain cover bolts
valve cover bolts,
tranny inspection plate bolts
starter bolts.
Tranny crossmember bolt.
exhaust bolts.
fuel pump bolts
fan clutch bolts.
etc.

One of these days I am sure I am going to find a box with all these bolts in it. Argh.

anlauto

Quote from: tparker on May 17, 2021, 06:56:45 PM
Gonna spend some time putting together a parts list for this weekends swap meet and show in Los Angeles. I got about 60 bolts I gotta get sorted out with nuts and washers and other stuff. Probably will take me a couple days.

Water pump bolts
Timing chain cover bolts
valve cover bolts,
tranny inspection plate bolts
starter bolts.
Tranny crossmember bolt.
exhaust bolts.
fuel pump bolts
fan clutch bolts.
etc.

One of these days I am sure I am going to find a box with all these bolts in it. Argh.

They sell engine bolt kits :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

Preparing it for a precession of oldies transporting my wife's sister's ashes to her eternal resting place.
These cars represent a significant part of all our lives.

Ultimately yes covid....
She was only 58.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

JS29

dodj

Quote from: YellowThumper on May 19, 2021, 12:58:25 PM
Ultimately yes covid....
She was only 58.
:crying:
Sorry for your loss thumper and thumperette.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jimynick

Just the usual 3-4 hours blocking primer. I re-hung the rt fndr and am going to also do the left one and them it's throw the hood back on time, and then on to trying for a half-assed fit all 'round. It was 82'F today and the primer dust makes a Marcel Marceau imitation pretty easy.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

CNUMB

Did the rear seats of the 71.. I know this is not correct year material, but the front seats were already done with this style when I got the car last year... Not bad for the first time..