Main Menu

What will you do for your E-Body's 50th birthday???

Started by DeathProofCuda, August 14, 2019, 05:49:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DeathProofCuda

For many of us, the mid-century mark is quickly approaching for our beloved 70 E-bodies.  My car has an SPD of 9/8/69, so the 50 year mark is only a few weeks away.  I've been thinking for a while what I might do to celebrate the occasion.  Had been thinking about a big splurge on some needed parts, but the status of my job is a bit up in the air at the moment, so that might not happen.  Anybody making 50th birthday plans for their cars? :happybday:

Rdchallenger

Mine is a 73 and hope for it to be restored for its 50th to make the trip to Carlisle in it.

JH27N0B

Certainly do.  My convertible's SBD is B24, November 24.  It's scheduled to be at MCACN, which is the 23rd and 24th of November.  So it's celebrating it's big 5-0 at MCACN!
Not sure yet what festivities we will do, but my entry paperwork states 50th birthday so I'm sure my car will get a bigger party than I got for my 50th.

ec_co

my hope was to have mine road ready by mine's 50th b'day 8/20/19 .... but life got in the way as it tends to do. but it's been good recently and I'm meeting up with a body guy tomorrow to get the ball rolling and hope to have it on the road by spring   :fingerscrossed:   so it's B'day gift will be a solid slot in the resto que
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Chryco Psycho

Coming up fast , 50 years for the Chall & 40 years together , but no plans

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: JH27N0B on August 14, 2019, 07:29:39 PM
Certainly do.  My convertible's SBD is B24, November 24.  It's scheduled to be at MCACN, which is the 23rd and 24th of November.  So it's celebrating it's big 5-0 at MCACN!
Not sure yet what festivities we will do, but my entry paperwork states 50th birthday so I'm sure my car will get a bigger party than I got for my 50th.

Nice!  :ohyeah:

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: ec_co on August 14, 2019, 08:42:20 PM
my hope was to have mine road ready by mine's 50th b'day 8/20/19 .... but life got in the way as it tends to do. but it's been good recently and I'm meeting up with a body guy tomorrow to get the ball rolling and hope to have it on the road by spring   :fingerscrossed:   so it's B'day gift will be a solid slot in the resto que

That's definitely a worthy birthday gift.  Best of luck with your project!

Cuda Cody

Have you thought about going to Carlisle?   :pokeeye:   ;)

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 14, 2019, 09:13:46 PM
Coming up fast , 50 years for the Chall & 40 years together , but no plans

pink aar

Have it ready for the Carlisle 50th. Waiting on having the headliner done now. I would do it myself, but the last one I did wasn't that tight. ECS shipped the glass yesterday , dated coded.

blown motor

Mine's a 74 but the plan is to drive it to Carlisle.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JS29

909is my gran coupe's SPD, I just installed new torque trust wheel's on it.  :happybday:

Spikedog08

I think the best gift for the 50 year is a trip to Carlisle!  I certainly hope Ed realizes how many ebodies are going to show up this year and makes room for us all!  Going to be EPIC!   :D
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Spikedog08 on August 15, 2019, 07:20:01 AM
I think the best gift for the 50 year is a trip to Carlisle!  I certainly hope Ed realizes how many ebodies are going to show up this year and makes room for us all!  Going to be EPIC!   :D

My goal is to have my car completed so I can bring it to Carlisle next year.

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: JS29 on August 15, 2019, 05:43:20 AM
909is my gran coupe's SPD, I just installed new torque trust wheel's on it.  :happybday:

Let's see some pics with the new wheels on her!!  :please:

7E-Bodies

I was hoping to have mine done, but due to my addiction to perfecting one step before moving onto the next, I guess I'll be working on her for her 50th, maybe even her 51st, November 4th.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green