Main Menu

What's a guy to do ??

Started by bentpshrods, February 17, 2018, 11:06:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

bentpshrods

Last winter here in Boise was tough. Set record snow fall amounts in over 60 years. This winter has been recorded as one of the top three warmest winters ever. It snowed one day and melted off by late afternoon. Temps way above average with a couple of days going into the 60's. I took advantage of this (no heat in garage) and started wrenching on the cuda. All motivated to fix a few things. Pulled the motor out to upgrade and repaint--along with a few other improvements. Then this happens.  It's GIRL SCOUT COOKIE TIME again. I have three daughters. My wife is really into girl scouts and has had troops from daisies all the way to seniors for the last 25 years or so. So this is an annual event around here. You can see whose priorities won out.  This is my garage  Dang it.    :headbang:  So I put the motor in the corner, pushed the car up against the bench, and have things on hold for a few weeks. Not all bad as its turning cold again. High's only just above freezing, lows in the lower twenties. Not time to get spring fever just yet. Still I think this should cost my wife at least 3 boxes of tagalongs and 2 thin mints.    :D   

Brads70

I'll bet it's tough saying no to 3 daughters.  :)   I have 3 boys, no girls always wanted one though. Enjoy it while it lasts...... they grow up too quick!  Those mint ones are good especially frozen!  ;)

Frozen peanut-butter here !

That is a lot of cookies there !

Cudakiller70

:rofl:
I feel your pain brother. My daughter and granddaughters are selling too. That picture looks like our living room a few years ago.

How's Boise? We've been looking at that area. Thinking about moving somewhere around that area.

captcolour

I would definitely be charging "rent"!

Cudajason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: I have friends who have daughters and they all seem to get run over it seems. I don't even allow my wife IN the garage,
Sheldon

Brads70

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 17, 2018, 05:01:27 PM
Ha, ha: I have friends who have daughters and they all seem to get run over it seems. I don't even allow my wife IN the garage,
I wish my wife would come out in the garage and take an interest..... Even my 3 boys rarely come out. In my case part of it is my garage is too small not enough room.

nsmall

Quote from: Brads70 on February 17, 2018, 06:35:55 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 17, 2018, 05:01:27 PM
I wish my wife would come out in the garage and take an interest..... Even my 3 boys rarely come out. In my case part of it is my garage is too small not enough room.

Brad, when you building your shop?

GY3R/T

:)  Where exactly is that garage located ?   :lookatthat:

bentpshrods

This is just the first go round. After these are handed out, she will resupply and get ready for booth sales.  Giving up the garage for a little bit beats the alternative.  In the past I have had to move all those cookies into my basement. Going up and down the stairs got old real quick.  Cudakiller70===Boise and the surrounding area has been on a huge growth spurt. Commercial and residential building is going crazy right now.  Still a great area to be in.

bluespruce

Get lots of milk set up a stand and make some car money