Main Menu

Car Lessons My Dad Taught Me

Started by 71vert340, December 31, 2019, 06:27:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda dad

:iagree: the good part is that you had him in your life until the end.  I can't imagine how you are feeling but I would like to send my condolences as well.  I am truly sorry for your loss.

RUNCHARGER

Sorry for your lose. I was greatly influenced by my Dad as well.I can't remember my Dad doing a Mickey Mouse fix ever and grease guns and other maintenance was a big part of keeping stuff in perfect order.
Sheldon

71vert340

Thank you to all for sharing your thoughts. I'm fortunate with the hobbies my dad and I shared as I was growing up. Cars, coin collecting and football. My 14 year old grandson who lives across the street from my wife and I, loves to work on my cars with me. He likes coin collecting too. He's played football in middle school the last two years. I hope the traditions will continue. Again, thanks to all for thoughts and prayers in our behalf. As my dad fought and beat esophageal cancer a few years ago, and he served in the US Navy in WW2 he was a strong individual. He kept encouraging me to work on my cars and share progress pictures with him. That encouragement will be missed. My wife and I are now driving to Ohio for the funeral. My son who lives in Virginia is going to try to make it to my dad's service. He shares a love of cars with me and we built him a 71 Challenger hardtop to drive in high school. He and my dad would talk cars also. A good rememberance service we will have. Thanks again
Terry

Dakota

Sorry for your loss Terry.  My dad passed away on Christmas morning in '93.   It was hard to feel joyous around the holidays for a long while, but it does get better with time.   The positive memories tend to be the ones that survive and that's what I think about now.   Though I was too arrogant at the time to recognize it, there were many positive lessons he provided me about how to live that have stayed with me.

chargerdon

Sorry for your loss.   I too lost my 88 year old father on dec 23'...sucks but that is how life is.   Your lucky to have such great memories.   recently i lost my golf and car buddy while on the golf course...  Hurts !

303 Mopar

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hold on to those memories and spend time with those you love. Life is short.