Main Menu

why has this 1971 Barracuda convertible not sold?`

Started by scf100, January 30, 2018, 06:58:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

scf100

been for sale for a long time....i see some things that are easy to correct but looks good for the money..

sorry if already been discussed...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172860599851?ul_noapp=true
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Neat car, but has some personal touches that can make the possible purchasing market smaller then normal.   :alan2cents:

Spikedog08

I think some more pictures would be helpful like one with the top up . . . I can only assume it is white?  Don't know for sure though . . .  :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Mopsquad

I'd like to see some pics of the undercarriage.  Original 318 car, paint is ok. As previously mentioned lots of added on fluff that could be removed.  I think the price is a good starting point with the sale in the high 50's depending on the state of the underbody.

PLUM72

Its overpriced by at least $20K.  Lots of personal touches and issues.  Original 318 car new with a 440.  Stickers on the rallye gages, broken speedo needle, speaker holes in the kick panel, cut up the plastic trim to fit the radio.  Rust popping through by the hood hinges, on and on.

It would be an awesome driver and weekend cruiser, its just priced too high for what it is.  Look at the Hagerty value numbers.
-Dave
'72 Challenger
'13 Challenger

anlauto

Quote from: PLUM72 on January 30, 2018, 10:57:57 AM
Its overpriced by at least $20K.  Lots of personal touches and issues.  Original 318 car new with a 440.  Stickers on the rallye gages, broken speedo needle, speaker holes in the kick panel, cut up the plastic trim to fit the radio.  Rust popping through by the hood hinges, on and on.

It would be an awesome driver and weekend cruiser, its just priced too high for what it is.  Look at the Hagerty value numbers.

Over by $20K ??????  1971 Barracuda convertible projects sell for close to that.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

Crappy air filter.
Even worse upper radiator hose. Assume bottom would be the same. This type of stuff is for the pep boys driver car. Easily changed but should not be there for the $$$ asking. Export brace too much in your face. This equates to added holes.

Agree on rust showing thru. Hinge picture zoomed in at hinge and underside gap to fender. Bolts are rusted as well.

Billboard kills the image for me. Too many options added.
Now look at the misaligned gills...

Oops...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

MoparDave

:alan2cents: most would agree that when the "personal" touches are put on a car. It really limits the amount of buyers as Cody mentioned. This is probably 10k heavy. the integrity is in question with some or lack of attention to details. Painted over kick panels with speakers, Really. stuff like that and the white faced gauges, the ball shifter All hinky items.  :alan2cents:
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

scf100

with the cheesey stuff on engine car prob done in early 90's......
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

YellowThumper

Quote from: scf100 on January 30, 2018, 11:31:04 AM
with the cheesey stuff on engine car prob done in early 90's......

Then one would wonder if the billboards were slapped on later to give it a "fresh" look.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

RzeroB

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Katfish

I agree, it's at least $20k over, but I chalk that up to a dealer selling it.

Crocha617

I follow convertible pricing very closely and currenty own a couple of them.  A 71 barracuda convertible is the one to own they are super rare and desireable. You will not find one even close to this condition for $44k. I can only think of one project one currently advertised in the US. He's asking $42k but it is a major project. I wouldn't sell my driver 71 vert for less than $45k and it needs lower quarter work and an engine upgrade.