Main Menu

Windshield molding question

Started by drew43a, June 08, 2020, 07:00:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

drew43a

I have a 70 Cuda  and getting ready to put the lower windshield molding back on.  when removed it had the butel rubber caulking on it that was randomly placed on the underside of the stainless steel trim part.  can anyone tell me where and how much should be on the part?  up across the top, down along bottom edge?. right thru the middle?  in the trench at the bottom of the windshield?how big a blob?  thanks for any help

RUNCHARGER

Windshield shops did that when they were in a hurry and the stainless didn't sit correctly.
Sheldon

drew43a

ohh so there should not be any? its just overage from when the windshield was put in and mushed out?

Burdar

My lower molding didn't fit good either.  It bulged out in the center.  It did this with the original windshield as well.  The wiper arm actually wore a groove in the stainless because it stuck out so far.  I don't see a problem with putting something behind it to keep it tight to the windshield.  Verify there is a problem with it first.  If it fits tight without any sealant behind it that's great.  :alan2cents:

Mrbill426

drew43a

with nothing behind it, its only up a small amount in a couple of spot.  bought some windshield urethane. Will just apply where needed to hold those spots down tight .

JS29

Windshield urethane will make that stick to wall. good luck if you ever want to remove that piece of trim. two sided tape might be a better choice to use. A heat gun can be used to remove it later.  :alan2cents: 

Mrbill426