Main Menu

1970 and 1971 cuda tail panel emblems

Started by Shoooter, November 15, 2017, 08:28:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

Do all 1970 and 1971 cudas, not barracuda or gran coupe get the cuda emblem on the tail panel? So they all get the by Plymouth on there as well? I have seen them both ways.

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Shoooter on November 15, 2017, 08:28:29 PM
Do all 1970 and 1971 cudas, not barracuda or gran coupe get the cuda emblem on the tail panel? So they all get the by Plymouth on there as well? I have seen them both ways.

Good question, subscribing for the answer   :popcorn:

YYZ

The 'by Plymouth' is '71 only.

On '70 it's just 'Cuda or Barracuda, mounted on the centerline of the tail panel.  '71 is offset.

(and Gran Coupes get the funky trunk lock cover/emblem)

Other fun trivia is that early '70 'Cuda emblems had textured argent paint on the edges instead of satin black

303 Mopar

I've seen the emblems mounted on both the left and right side of the trunk lock.  Did they switch sides depending on year and/or model?   :notsure:

Shoooter

so on a 71 there should be 2 set of 2 holes or does the cuda emblem just stick on?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shoooter

Claudia

Quote from: Shoooter on November 15, 2017, 08:28:29 PM

I remember this topic all too well and after weeks and weeks of researching and trying to figure out exactly where the emblems go, here is where I ended up mounting mine.  Also, both of my emblems are the pin type with two pins each (not stick on).  I ended up mounting them where I thought they looked the best as I never did get a real answer as to where they were mounted from the factory.

1ownr

sorry for late response,
@Claudia - your 'cuda is looking great

judy

Claudia

Quote from: 1ownr on November 21, 2017, 08:58:29 AM
sorry for late response,
@Claudia - your 'cuda is looking great

judy

Thank you, I appreciate that!