Main Menu

Drag Week 2017 wooot!

Started by Marc70challenger, March 04, 2017, 06:32:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 09, 2017, 08:08:10 AM
This is fun getting to watch and feel like we're part of your team!  Thanks for the updates.   :drinkingbud:

No prob.  :ohyeah:

We've been away for work. Need to catch up with pics lol.

Marc70challenger

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 09, 2017, 08:33:25 AM
Congrats on making the show!!!   Whats with all the concerns of getting it done?  Be like everyone else, be wrenching Sept 8th.... Then again if you were with the RoadKill guys that would be Sept 10th... :haha:  As mentioned, IF you can make the time, post pictures.....

True.  :rofl:  half the guys got done waiting in tech line

We've got plenty of time. I'm just impatient.  :veryexcited:  Magnaforce says 3-4 weeks til we get there stuff. So I say 6.  :yes:. But all else should be done and in well before.  We can even do custom headers (fender well) and put motor in (engine plate) before.

I should get some pics Friday.   :takepicture:  It's no prob. Want to document the build. In the past I've been too lazy to do it and wish I did after.  :)

Thought about bringing it to Carlilse but feel bad for the Challenger.  :looney:  that's his show.

Brads70

I  wish I was closer to help!  :pullinghair:

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Brads70 on May 09, 2017, 07:15:05 PM
I  wish I was closer to help!  :pullinghair:

I know!   :wrenching:  be fun as hell!

Got off the plane after a 14 hour flight, dropped off the suitcases and headed to the shop.  :lurking:

Another saga of the Mopar world. The foundry that makes SFI bellhousings for the 5 major hd trans builders isn't doing their Mopar run until late June. Our guy hunted down a Reed bellhousing and ATI had a template to grind their casing to fit it (I guess GM used that combo for one of their Camaros ... and brother of shop owner also is sponsored by. ATI ... so that helped. Lol. )

Tunnel cutting looks done ... so hopefully get that done and start plumbing fuel system next week.  Along with bunch little crap - trailer wiring harness, engine bay paint, license plate light, interior light to LED, trunk light, etc.

Let me see if these pics won't post sideways. Lol

Edit: I see I missed the memo on taking landscape photos on iPhone. Lol. I'll fix on desktop this weekend and add more. :lol:

Cuda Cody

That's hardcore!!!  :worship:

Quote from: Marc70challenger on May 11, 2017, 04:56:44 PM

Got off the plane after a 14 hour flight, dropped off the suitcases and headed to the shop.  :lurking:

Marc70challenger

Ya. I can sleep on planes so 20 hours in the air was like two nights of sleep.  :looney:

Some more pics. Oriented correctly.  :banana:

The front valence is going all black eventually.   :cooldance:

All stuff out now for Magnumforce stuff.

anlauto

Not sure about a "Drag Week"....but depending on when you're in Ontario again...Toronto has a "Gay Pride Parade " :dunno: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Marc70challenger

Quote from: anlauto on May 12, 2017, 06:42:15 PM
Not sure about a "Drag Week"....but depending on when you're in Ontario again...Toronto has a "Gay Pride Parade " :dunno: :haha: :haha:

I know. Using that term "drag week" outside of car people can raise some eye brows.

Cudakiller70

:popcorn: loving this  :banana: best to ya!

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Cudakiller70 on May 12, 2017, 07:27:24 PM
:popcorn: loving this  :banana: best to ya!

Thanks  :twothumbsup:

Trans mount mocked up and in place.

Motor mount being finished. Pics to come!

Argg. I took those portrait. Other ones orient correctly.  :pullinghair:

Easy fix. :bigthumb: Edited by Cudaed Cody: Rotated Images

Cuda Cody

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 17, 2017, 06:36:38 PM
Coming along nicely.  :wrenching:

Thanks Cody .. :bigthumb: ... and thanks for fixing pics.  :)

Marc70challenger

Tunnel and trans mount done. Picked up some AR rims for street - Centerline look.  Started on fuel system. Blacked out front valence.

Cuda Cody

You're making good time.  Getting a lot done with plenty of time to spare.  You have until September, right?

Marc70challenger

Thanks. Yes, Drag week is early September.   Realistic estimation now is first week July. Need to really test it on street - engine, trans temp .. stuff like that so no surprises. Then track tuning.  Plus I need practice. Lol. Been long time - and quite slower car since I made last hit.  :veryexcited: