Main Menu

Drag Week 2017 wooot!

Started by Marc70challenger, March 04, 2017, 06:32:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marc70challenger

Well   First week of July has turned into 1st week August most likely. Could be sooner. Everything has turned into a buy it, modify it, and figure it out deal. Lol.  Even seat mount took 3 days.  :drunk:

Engine is just waiting on custom pushrods and balancer.  Trans, GV and front rack should be in next week.   

We're thinking things should pick up. At first it didn't seem like a lot with the little detail stuff - but I've been at shop almost everyday doing what I can do along with their guys ... and it's a lot.  ::).   :wrenching:   Essentially the only thing not touched will be the Dana rear.

In interim I decided turn the 8-point into a 10- point cage that will be certified (while you're at it thing) and with swing outs.

So pumpkin won't make it to Carlilse but we've got another Mopar.  :burnout:

Oh. Decided to "Wraith" the front valence ... some may get it.  :veryexcited:

And did a little work on valve covers. Going to put logo of shop on

Some pics.

Marc70challenger

Hopefully Friday we crank him over.  Some pics to catch up

Headers tacked and all set to be welded. Cooling system all in. All wiring set to hook up just a couple things on harness left to pin. Hope to finish hooking up fuel system tomorrow, fan and alt.

Will try to hit a track rental couple weeks, then local event weekend before Drag Week - then westerly bound.  :burnout:

Marc70challenger

2 plus weeks of typical - harness in, harness out, ground again here/there/everywhere ... trans in, trans out, ooo - that shook loose, etc, etc.    But it's running consistent and strong!

Like @Brads70 said - gonna need some ear plugs for the road ....

@Cuda Cody asked me to post some videos.

Won't have much during race week ... so here's catch up of build.  :cooldance:

Roadman

Quote from: Marc70challenger on September 02, 2017, 05:29:56 PM
2 plus weeks of typical - harness in, harness out, ground again here/there/everywhere ... trans in, trans out, ooo - that shook loose, etc, etc.    But it's running consistent and strong!

Like @Brads70 said - gonna need some ear plugs for the road ....

@Cuda Cody asked me to post some videos.

Won't have much during race week ... so here's catch up of build.  :cooldance:

Cudakiller70

Brads70

It's going to be a fun time!  :D

1ownr

WOW! Great hotrod, have fun showing off that Mopar

Charlie

Marc70challenger

Thanks Charlie and Killer!  Been quite an experience with this build. Engine builder (and shop owner) is about best builder and tuner in our area ... and I'd put him up against anyone else anywhere.

His brother (and fellow racer - both been racing since they were kids) runs the shop and they were kind enough to let me join "the build team" ... I've spent just about every day there for past 10 weeks lol. Pitching in where I can and learning a TON.  Only thing that wasn't touched was the Dana rear - except for inspection and fluid change.

If you think it will take X time - double it. If you think it will cost Y - triple it.  If they say they will ship it in Z days - quadruple it.  Electrical engineering classes I took I wish I paid more attention - lol. Proper welding is an art. Nothing can substitute for experience ...  I could go on and on and on.  :rofl:

And best thing I learned was fellow racers will give you the shirt off their back if you need it ... we were having a fit with the FT for a week ...decision was made to switch to FAST (they've been working with FAST since it was run on DOS) .... but with shipping time it was critical now - one guy gave me his harness and box from his car at home, another a bunch of sensors of his race car at the shop ... just everyone doing anything to make it happen ... couldn't be more grateful.  Real solid guys.

:worship:

Marc70challenger

Quote from: Brads70 on September 02, 2017, 06:59:26 PM
It's going to be a fun time!  :D

Dude lol. I can't sleep anymore. Like kid waiting for Santa!  Weather looking awesome.  We'll be running around like crazy with all logistical crap and final crap next couple days.

Get some rest now.  :burnout:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Marc70challenger

303 Mopar

Such a bada$$ car, thanks for posting the videos too!

Cuda Cody

That is one impressive machine!   :bravo:  Big numbers out of the 383.  Nice job.  Can't wait to hear how you do.  Be safe and have fun.  :drinkingbud:

Marc70challenger

Thx guys!!!  Starting to pack up today.

jimynick

Hey Mark, Ian here. Man, I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before right now! What a cool car and what a thrash to get it on the road! Wish I'd've known about it when we were yakking in Carlisie. If I'm reading the thread correctly you and Brad should be on your way. Best of luck and you've got a great fabricator/machinist/sidekick sitting beside you. Hopefully you laid in some of those "Texas turnarounds" since I hear it's a real marathon to finish, let alone win and I hope you guys do both! Good luck!  :twothumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"