Main Menu

Fall Fling XXI Oct 29th, 2016 Van Nuys, CA (Photos!)

Started by Cuda Cody, October 31, 2016, 04:55:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Always one of the better and larger Mopar show / swap meets on the west coast.  The October Fall Fling is one day event and a little smaller then the two day Spring Fling in April.  Thursday I drove about 10 hours before getting a hotel.  Then Friday morning drove the remaining 5 hours to the event preferred Airtel Hotel.  Got there a little before the 3 pm check in and had to wait for a room to open up.  For the first time I've seen the hotel had part of the parking lot blocked off as they were getting for a used car auction, but still was not hard to find parking.  Didn't take long before the first Mopars starting showing up in the parking lot.   One of the guys pulled in with a wheel bearing problem so we all jumped in to help our fellow Mopar brother.  A nice black Challenger RT/ SE pulled in after dark, but didn't have enough light to get a good photo.

Cuda Cody

So excited I couldn't sleep Saturday morning so I decided to hang out at the show and wait for it to open.  The gates do not open until 7:00 am and they only let the big vendors in early to set up so it was pretty boring waiting for the sun to come up.  The line of swap meet vendors starts pretty early and gets really long around 6:30 as it got close to opening time.   Once the sun was up the gates opened and the excitement started.  Vendors started setting up and people started looking for that special part they needed.

Cuda Cody

More photos of the Swap Meet.

Cuda Cody

Some E-Bodies for sale....

Cuda Cody

Some show cars!

Cuda Cody

More cars from the show...

Cuda Cody

Some rallye wheels.   ;)

Cuda Cody

A fee miscellaneous photos...  and then on the road 15 hours back to Washington State.  Great trip!  Looking forward to next year.

303 Mopar

@Cuda Cody  -  Is there a reason I can not see the first two photos in your first post, and the first 5 photos in your second post?

Cuda Cody

@303 Mopar Try it again now.  This was a post before I had the Gallery fully working and some of the links were to the old Gallery.  I think it should be working now.

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 09, 2016, 07:38:11 AM
@Cuda Cody  -  Is there a reason I can not see the first two photos in your first post, and the first 5 photos in your second post?

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 09, 2016, 08:45:16 AM
@303 Mopar Try it again now.  This was a post before I had the Gallery fully working and some of the links were to the old Gallery.  I think it should be working now.

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 09, 2016, 07:38:11 AM

Yes, I can see all the photos now!

Brads70

Looks like a fun time. Someday I'd like to explore the west coast as I've never been out there.

wanderlustin

Road trips make some of the best memories, so bummed I couldn't have ridden along!  So what was your best score of the swap meet?  By the way, that Butterscotch 71 has my mouth watering  :veryexcited:

Spikedog08

WOW looks like a great show . . . funny when I go to a show like that . . . I typically cant sleep either.   :veryexcited:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

autoxcuda

Cody,

Why don't you post a picture of all the part you bought at the show. Mostly from me.

Cody bought about 150-200 lbs of E-body parts from me. I sold most of a 19 foot U-Haul full of E-body parts.

Black challenger no cut/haze rear interior panels: $50/pr, 70 dashes, A/C boxes, rear seats, on and on.... Flying deals too.

Spring Fling is April 8th & 9th, 2017.

There will not be another event at the host Airtel hotel. $119/night. Less than 1 1/2 miles from show.

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...