Main Menu

In honor of car season, i.e. Summer (warning: contains silly content)

Started by J-Code Jeni, July 17, 2017, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

J-Code Jeni

Had a long flight home from Carlisle yesterday and got to thinking about Summer and the countless car shows I happily attended with my Dad as a child. Sitting on the plane I was transported back thanks to the sensory experience it provided- warmth, smell of grass, the excitement, memories with my Dad, etc. That got me thinking about capturing the moment in a poem however, I'm not a poet so, a haiku came to mind.

Haiku's are simple and to write a haiku, one need only have an idea-feeling-image they want to capture and follow a 5-7-5 syllable structure (the first line has 5 syllables, the second 7 and the last 5 or check out http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Haiku-Poem). All that to say, here's my first pass at writing a haiku to car season-

The sturdy green grass

A sweet, warm and welcome breeze

'Cuda rumbles by

Ha! Don't leave me hanging- someone else give it a try... or else I'll have to come up with more!   :haha:

anlauto

Endless rows of parts
Never can find what I need
All my cash is gone
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

J-Code Jeni

:haha: :rofl: Yes, you captured that feeling perfectly, @anlauto  So funny! Thanks for playing!

Dakota

No car shows for me
Still much garage work remains
Hopefully done soon

ToxicWolf

Sun comes up and shines
Challenger sneaks out the door
Blue Sky above smiles

72 Challenger

Someday I will have a J0b.