Main Menu

Installing parking & front side marker light pigtails

Started by HEMICUDA, November 14, 2017, 06:39:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HEMICUDA

If any member needing pigtails installed on your Cuda/Challenger, I'm happy to do it no charge. ;)  PG was shipping housings and pigtails separate with the intention of the customer installing them on their own. :verymad:  I have all the tooling and press here to correctly install them.  If you've purchased new pigtails and can't figure out how it install them in your original housing?  Send them to me.  If you haven't removed your original pigtail, don't, I'll do it here, you can easily break the lip on the housing the pigtail is crimped to.

Installing pigtails with the correct tooling is very simple, the turn around time is same day. :twothumbsup:  FREE to all members because of brother Cody :inlove:, just cover the USPS shipping.

I also have pigtails here I can sell you, same deal on the installation.

PM me here, I'm all over it.

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
8801 Norwalk Road
Litchfield, OH.  44253
330-725-3990

1 Wild R/T

Topcat

Where are you located?

Not showing up in your profile.  :dunno:

HEMICUDA

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 14, 2017, 06:54:36 AM
Mike is bored... :haha:  Mike, you rock!! :cheers:

Not bored Randy my friend, in life, either you're a hindrance or a blessing.

HEMICUDA

71GranCoupe

Thanks for bringing this topic up Mike.  :perfect10: You and I talked about this sometime back when I purchased the lenses and the wire harness for the fog lights. I have not gotten that far as yet. Is there anything that should be done to the light bodies before sending off. Probably a month or two away from this, but want to be sure they are in the condition that works best.

thanks

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Cuda Cody

HEMICUDA

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on November 14, 2017, 10:24:25 AM
Thanks for bringing this topic up Mike.  :perfect10: You and I talked about this sometime back when I purchased the lenses and the wire harness for the fog lights. I have not gotten that far as yet. Is there anything that should be done to the light bodies before sending off. Probably a month or two away from this, but want to be sure they are in the condition that works best.

thanks

If you're going to have them re-plated, have that done first, then send them to me.

Should I offer a complete parking light restoration service?  Complete with plating & pigtail installation?  Like Cody and a lot of the other people on this forum, I really do enjoy helping with the things I take for granted.  I remember the struggles not having the resources and knowledge in the beginning.  This is by far and away the best ebody website on the planet, it's all about the community and helping each other.

Katfish

Tremendous offer, I've messaged Mike several times and he's a class act.
My side markers are the way to get the pigtails installed.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Katfish on November 18, 2017, 12:54:35 PM
Tremendous offer, I've messaged Mike several times and he's a class act.
My side markers are the way to get the pigtails installed.

My USPS tootsie roll tootsie girl dropped off your front side marker housing late yesterday, they are now sitting in my shipping room waiting on her to pick them up today.  The LED's you had in them didn't work, I had a couple extra LED's in my top left drawer of my desk I installed for you.  They have been tested and work perfectly.  Give me a call so we can square up on the return shipping, your USPS tracking number is 9405503699300134250363.

Also, PG didn't supply you with the rubber washers used between the socket and the outer part of the housing :verymad: (no worries, I have plenty here).  Those are important for two reasons, keeps water out of the housing and allows for a tighter press for a perfect ground between the socket and housing.

Claudia

IMO . . . for those here whom don't know Mike . . . I just wanted to give a quick shout out to him as he is one of the good guys  :bigthumb:.  I came across him on a different site and ended up having several exchanges with him over the phone.  He offered to crimp my front park / turn signals for my '71 Cuda for me as well, at no charge (keeping in mind that I already had both of my housings, pigtails and lenses, so there was nothing for him to sell me, he was just offering to help).  He even offered to meet me in person since we were only a few hours apart.  I ended up making the drive to his shop (side note for anyone thinking of doing this . . . be prepared, he is an early riser!  :rubeyes:).  Mike was nice enough to show me around his shop and let me take several pictures of a '71 Cuda that he was building to be used for reference material later on down the road on my current build.  I ended up spending several hours with him at his shop and had a great time!  He is very knowledgeable and freely offers up his advise and experience :worship:.  He even made me a few great deals on some additional parts that he had at his shop (just don't ask him about the horn set that he sold me . . .  :))).  In addition to this, while crimping my lights, he even added the two rubber washers that did not come with my pigtails, threw in the correct amber bulbs and tested both lights . . . again, all at no charge!  Just thought I would let you guys know that do not know Mike, he is a stand up dude in my book.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Claudia on November 21, 2017, 07:59:16 AM
IMO . . . for those here whom don't know Mike . . . I just wanted to give a quick shout out to him as he is one of the good guys  :bigthumb:.  I came across him on a different site and ended up having several exchanges with him over the phone.  He offered to crimp my front park / turn signals for my '71 Cuda for me as well, at no charge (keeping in mind that I already had both of my housings, pigtails and lenses, so there was nothing for him to sell me, he was just offering to help).  He even offered to meet me in person since we were only a few hours apart.  I ended up making the drive to his shop (side note for anyone thinking of doing this . . . be prepared, he is an early riser!  :rubeyes:).  Mike was nice enough to show me around his shop and let me take several pictures of a '71 Cuda that he was building to be used for reference material later on down the road on my current build.  I ended up spending several hours with him at his shop and had a great time!  He is very knowledgeable and freely offers up his advise and experience :worship:.  He even made me a few great deals on some additional parts that he had at his shop (just don't ask him about the horn set that he sold me . . .  :))).  In addition to this, while crimping my lights, he even added the two rubber washers that did not come with my pigtails, threw in the correct amber bulbs and tested both lights . . . again, all at no charge!  Just thought I would let you guys know that do not know Mike, he is a stand up dude in my book.

Oh plz, you're making me blush.  Can I have those horns back?  I now need a set for my AAR.