Main Menu

Installing parking & front side marker light pigtails

Started by HEMICUDA, November 14, 2017, 06:39:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Claudia

Quote from: HEMICUDA on November 22, 2017, 04:38:00 AM
Quote from: Claudia on November 21, 2017, 07:59:16 AM
IMO . . . for those here whom don't know Mike . . . I just wanted to give a quick shout out to him as he is one of the good guys  :bigthumb:.  I came across him on a different site and ended up having several exchanges with him over the phone.  He offered to crimp my front park / turn signals for my '71 Cuda for me as well, at no charge (keeping in mind that I already had both of my housings, pigtails and lenses, so there was nothing for him to sell me, he was just offering to help).  He even offered to meet me in person since we were only a few hours apart.  I ended up making the drive to his shop (side note for anyone thinking of doing this . . . be prepared, he is an early riser!  :rubeyes:).  Mike was nice enough to show me around his shop and let me take several pictures of a '71 Cuda that he was building to be used for reference material later on down the road on my current build.  I ended up spending several hours with him at his shop and had a great time!  He is very knowledgeable and freely offers up his advise and experience :worship:.  He even made me a few great deals on some additional parts that he had at his shop (just don't ask him about the horn set that he sold me . . .  :))).  In addition to this, while crimping my lights, he even added the two rubber washers that did not come with my pigtails, threw in the correct amber bulbs and tested both lights . . . again, all at no charge!  Just thought I would let you guys know that do not know Mike, he is a stand up dude in my book.

Oh plz, you're making me blush.  Can I have those horns back?  I now need a set for my AAR.

Horns?  :dunno:  :-X

Katfish

Here's another thumbs up for Mike.  I received and installed the 2 front side markers that he repaired.
He pressed in the pigtails, adding the rubber grommets I was missing.  He also put in new LED bulbs to replace my broken ones at no cost.  There was no way possible I could have pressed these in myself without destroying the housing.  It's good to have working lights again.
This is a tremendous offer from an awesome guy.

Thanks again Mike!

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Katfish on November 26, 2017, 05:56:26 AM
Here's another thumbs up for Mike.  I received and installed the 2 front side markers that he repaired.
He pressed in the pigtails, adding the rubber grommets I was missing.  He also put in new LED bulbs to replace my broken ones at no cost.  There was no way possible I could have pressed these in myself without destroying the housing.  It's good to have working lights again.
This is a tremendous offer from an awesome guy.

Thanks again Mike!

My pleasure Rod, being selffish here, it makes my day offering something that is so simple to me that is a real problem to the average Joe.  Anyone else have pigtails without the rubber? I have plenty, no charge.  I also have a limited quantity of front parking light & side marker pigtails left.  I also have the pigtails for the 70 Cuda front parking lights that have the spade on the housing for the ground.

303 Mopar

Really looks great! Does the LED bulbs effect the speed of the turn signal?

MoparDave

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Katfish

Side markers are always on, so the flasher has no effect.
I did have to replace the flasher with electronic version when I replaced the turn signal bulbs.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: MoparDave on November 27, 2017, 11:12:10 AM
Mikes really a goddess in disguise  :clapping:

"a goddess"? Come on Dave, there's no way you've been here early enough to see my skirt, I only wear it between 2 and 5am in the morning.

MoparDave

Either you have been working out and shaved or I was in the wrong window......
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

HEMICUDA

Quote from: MoparDave on November 30, 2017, 08:20:40 AM
Either you have been working out and shaved or I was in the wrong window......

WOW!!  You were peeking.

MoparDave

Ashoulders1995

Hi Mike, I'm new to the community my name is Alex and I have a 1970 Challenger that I'm needling the market lamp sockets pressed in I was wondering if you would be able to press them in for me? I see your mailing address and I would pay shipping there and back. My housing aren't in perfect shape and I'm not ready to totally restore my car yet I would like to have some fun with it before I tear her apart.. if this would be a good time to send them let me know. I have already bought new pigtails. Thank you and have a nice day. https://forum.e-bodies.org/mlist/hemicuda_27

anlauto

You should tag the member by putting an "@" in front of their name so they will get notified.....sort of like this @HEMICUDA
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Ashoulders1995 on June 29, 2018, 03:27:45 PM
Hi Mike, I'm new to the community my name is Alex and I have a 1970 Challenger that I'm needling the market lamp sockets pressed in I was wondering if you would be able to press them in for me? I see your mailing address and I would pay shipping there and back. My housing aren't in perfect shape and I'm not ready to totally restore my car yet I would like to have some fun with it before I tear her apart.. if this would be a good time to send them let me know. I have already bought new pigtails. Thank you and have a nice day. https://forum.e-bodies.org/mlist/hemicuda_27

Ship them, put $10 in the box for return shipping.

Ashoulders1995

Ashoulders1995

I put them in the mail today Mike, and thank you agai.